Take an Apple Cider Donut and combine it with a bundt cake, and you have Apple Cider Donut Bundt. Light, moist, and spiced cake is topped with cinnamon sugar to create the simplest and most delicious treat!
Apple Cider Cake Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour: Regular, all purpose flour creates the moistest, fluffiest cake. Make sure to measure the flour properly by spooning the flour into your measuring cups and using a knife to level off the tops. Overmeasuring flour will create a dry, dense cake.
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda: Both baking powder and baking soda are used to help this cake rise. Both are needed, as they are not interchangeable.
- Salt: Salt brings out the flavor in this cake- don't skip it!
- Cinnamon + Nutmeg: These two are small but mighty. Together, they create that classic fall spice flavor!
- Granulated Sugar + Light Brown Sugar: Both granulated sugar and light brown sugar work together to create a gorgeous taste, structure, and moisture!
- Eggs: You'll need 3 large eggs at room temperature!
- Vegetable Oil: Vegetable oil is my favorite ingredient for ultra moist treats!
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce: Unsweetened apple sauce adds moisture and a taste of apple to this cake!
- Apple Cider: Obviously, Apple Cider Donut Bundt needs apple cider! Make sure it's at room temperature!
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract helps round out the flavor of this cake!
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
The best part of this cake is the cinnamon sugar coating! You'll simply combine granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Then, you'll brush melted butter onto the cake and use your hands to coat the cinnamon sugar onto the melted butter.
I recommend coating the cake when it has cooled with slightly cooled butter. Do not simply pour the cinnamon sugar onto the cake, as it will not stick.
Tips + Tricks
- Room Temperature Ingredients- Make sure your eggs and apple cider are both room temperature! If you forget to leave your eggs out ahead of time, place them in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes before baking. Simply heat your apple cider in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Mixing- Whisk your dry ingredients separately and whisk your dry ingredients separately before combining the two. When combining, whisk only until you see the flour disappear. Overmixing can lead to a drier cake.
- Cooling- Allow the bundt to cool for at least 40 minutes before attempting to remove the bundt from the pan.
The difference between a bundt cake and regular cake is rather simple. A bundt cake is baked in a round, deep, donut-like pan.
Heavily spray your bundt cake pan with cooking oil before adding the batter to the pan. Do not attempt to remove the cake from the pan until it has cooled for at least 40 minutes. Once cooled, use a knife to loosen the cake from the pan by running it around the outside of the pan and in the center. Flip the pan over onto a plate or cooling rack, and firmly tap the top of the pan to help release the cake.
Just to clarify, you will need apple cider... NOT apple cider vinegar! I've used both a spiced apple cider and regular apple cider in this recipe! Just make sure your cider is at room temperature when you add it to the batter.
For the Cake
- 2 ¾ cup (385g) all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon (6g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon (7g) salt
- 2 teaspoons (4g) cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2g) nutmeg
- 1 cup (210g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (115g) light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (150g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (240g) apple cider, room temperature
- ½ tablespoon (6g) vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 3 tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (5g) cinnamon
For the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heavily grease a 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray. This is incredibly important to ensure the cake comes out cleanly when removed from the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, apple cider, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients. Use a whisk to combine the batter until the dry ingredients disappear into the wet. Do not overmix, as this will lead to drier, denser cake.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the loaf is golden brown in color, a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let the cake cool for 40 minutes in the pan before carefully flipping onto a wire cooling rack or plate to continue cooling.
For the Topping
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar together.
- Brush melted butter on the warm loaf before immediately coating the cake with the cinnamon sugar mixture using your hands. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Keywords: Apple Cider Bundt Cake, Apple Cider Donut, Cinnamon Sugar Cake, Apple Bundt Cake