Banana Nutella Muffins are moist banana muffins with a nutella filling and nutella swirl. They are made in 30 minutes in one bowl and are perfect for any time of day all year around!
- 3 medium bananas, about 1 1/2 cups (310g) mashed
- 1/3 cup (80g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80g) milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (210g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup (400g) nutella, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-count muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed bananas, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature eggs, vegetable oil, and room temperature milk together until smooth.
- Add properly-measured all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the batter and whisk until combined. Do not mix past when you see the dry ingredients disappear, as overmixing could lead to dry, tough muffins.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to each liner. Then, spoon about 1 tablespoon of nutella into the center of each liner before adding batter to each cavity to reach the top.
- Then, add about 1/2 tablespoon of warmed nutella to the top of each muffin. Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the nutella on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 16-18 minutes or until the tops are golden brown, domed, and spring back when poked in the center with your pointer finger. A toothpick should come out with some moist crumbs.
- Allow the muffins to cool before storing in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped in cling wrap at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Bananas: You need to use ripe bananas with lots of brown spots in this recipe. If you do not have any on hand, you can ripen them yourself in a pinch! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper on a metal baking sheet. Then, place your bananas on top of the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the peels turn dark brown in color. Let the bananas cool before mashing and using as directed in the recipe.
Mixing: Be careful not to overmix when mixing the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Overmixing past when the ingredients are combined could impact how the muffins rise and their texture. Simply stop mixing once you see that all of the flour mixture is incorporated into the wet ingredients and the mixture is smooth.
Keywords: Banana Muffins, Nutella Muffins, Banana Nutella Muffins