This Brownie Fudge Ice Cream is a 4-ingredient, no-churn homemade ice cream. It’s the richest and creamiest chocolate ice cream filled with brownie pieces. This fresh and decadent ice cream has a 10 minute prep time and can last in the freezer for months!
Why This Recipe Works
- fresh, 4-ingredient homemade ice cream recipe
- no-churn ice cream, making this a 10 minute recipe before chilling
- lasts in the freezer for up to 2 months
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: You’ll need one, standard 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk. This serves as the base of the recipe.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is where this dessert gets its chocolate flavor. Any type and brand will work, but I use a dark chocolate cocoa powder for color and taste.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: You’ll beat cold heavy whipping cream before folding it into the condensed milk and cocoa powder mixture.
- Brownie Crumbs: You’ll crush up any brownies of your choice to add to the ice cream. You can use a box mix, a store-bought brownie, or a homemade recipe. I suggest this Small Batch Fudgy Brownie recipe if you’d like a super simple but delicious brownie from scratch.
STEP 1: Add sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened cocoa powder to a medium bowl. Stir the two ingredients together with a spoon or spatula until combined.
STEP 2: In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat heavy whipping cream on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until it forms stiff peaks. This means that when the beater is lifted out of the bowl, the heavy whipping cream will form a “mountain” that holds its shape and does not curl over.
STEP 3: Next, add the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder mixture to the heavy cream. Then, use a rubber spatula to gently fold the mixture together until you see no streaks of the chocolate mixture.
STEP 4: Stir the brownie crumbs into the ice cream before transferring it to the container of your choice. Top the ice cream with additional brownie crumbs as desired.
STEP 5: Top the container of ice cream with cling wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer for at least 6 hours to firm up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Condensed milk is sweetened milk that has been reduced to remove the majority of the water. It has a thick consistency, off-white color, and is shelf-stable.
No! You can use a box mix or store-bought brownies for the brownie crumbs required in the recipe.
Store the ice cream in an airtight container or tightly covered in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Serving and Storing
- transfer to any container of your choice
- chill in the freezer for at least 6 hours before serving
- store in an airtight container or cover with cling wrap or aluminum foil
- store in the freezer for up to 2 months
Brownie Fudge Ice Cream is a 4-ingredient, no-churn homemade ice cream. It’s the richest and creamiest chocolate ice cream filled with brownie pieces.
- 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (54g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (480g) heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 2 cups brownie crumbs + additional for topping if desired
- In a medium bowl, stir sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder together with a spoon or spatula until fully combined.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture creates stiff peaks. The whipping cream should hold its shape and form a “mountain” shape when the beater is lifted out of the mixture.
- Add the chocolate condensed milk mixture to the whipping cream and use a rubber spatula to fold the two together. Gently mix until you see no streaks.
- Pour the brownie crumbs into the bowl before using a rubber spatula to fold them into the ice cream.
- Transfer the ice cream to an 8×8 inch dish or 9×5 loaf pan if desired. Top with additional brownie pieces if desired. Cover the pan tightly with cling wrap or aluminum foil. Allow the ice cream to chill for at least 6 hours in the freezer before serving.
Heavy Whipping Cream: Make sure to beat the heavy whipping cream until the mixture is fluffy, thick, and forms stiff peaks when a beater is lifted straight out of the mixture.
Storing: Store in an airtight container or tightly covered in the container of your choice in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: No-Churn Ice Cream, Brownie Ice Cream, Fudge Ice Cream