This Brownie Fudge Ice Cream is a 4-ingredient, no-churn homemade ice cream. It's the richest and creamiest chocolate ice cream filled with brownie pieces. This fresh and decadent ice cream has a 10 minute prep time and can last in the freezer for months!
Are you an ice cream lover like me? I have lots of other homemade ice cream recipes on the blog- I'd suggest checking out this Cookie Dough Ice Cream or Thin Mint Ice Cream... you won't regret it!
Obsessed with brownies? Oreo Stuffed Brownies will literally change your life. Or, you can take a look at my FAVORITE recipe on the blog right now- Brookie Bars!
Why This Recipe Works
- fresh, 4-ingredient homemade ice cream recipe
- no-churn ice cream, making this a 10 minute recipe before chilling
- lasts in the freezer for up to 2 months
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: You’ll need one, standard 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk. This serves as the base of the recipe.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is where this dessert gets its chocolate flavor. Any type and brand will work, but I use a dark chocolate cocoa powder for color and taste.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: You'll beat cold heavy whipping cream before folding it into the condensed milk and cocoa powder mixture.
- Brownie Crumbs: You'll crush up any brownies of your choice to add to the ice cream. You can use a box mix, a store-bought brownie, or a homemade recipe. I suggest this Small Batch Fudgy Brownie recipe if you'd like a super simple but delicious brownie from scratch.
STEP 1: Add sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened cocoa powder to a medium bowl. Stir the two ingredients together with a spoon or spatula until combined.
STEP 2: In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat heavy whipping cream on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until it forms stiff peaks. This means that when the beater is lifted out of the bowl, the heavy whipping cream will form a “mountain” that holds its shape and does not curl over.
STEP 3: Next, add the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder mixture to the heavy cream. Then, use a rubber spatula to gently fold the mixture together until you see no streaks of the chocolate mixture.
STEP 4: Stir the brownie crumbs into the ice cream before transferring it to the container of your choice. Top the ice cream with additional brownie crumbs as desired.
STEP 5: Top the container of ice cream with cling wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer for at least 6 hours to firm up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Condensed milk is sweetened milk that has been reduced to remove the majority of the water. It has a thick consistency, off-white color, and is shelf-stable.
No! You can use a box mix or store-bought brownies for the brownie crumbs required in the recipe.
Store the ice cream in an airtight container or tightly covered in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Serving and Storing
- transfer to any container of your choice
- chill in the freezer for at least 6 hours before serving
- store in an airtight container or cover with cling wrap or aluminum foil
- store in the freezer for up to 2 months
Brownie Fudge Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 6 hours:
- Total Time: 6 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 8x8 pan 1x
- Category: Ice Cream, No-Churn, Brownies, Chocolate
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Brownie Fudge Ice Cream is a 4-ingredient, no-churn homemade ice cream. It’s the richest and creamiest chocolate ice cream filled with brownie pieces.
- 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (54g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups (480g) heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 2 cups brownie crumbs + additional for topping if desired
- In a medium bowl, stir sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder together with a spoon or spatula until fully combined.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture creates stiff peaks. The whipping cream should hold its shape and form a “mountain” shape when the beater is lifted out of the mixture.
- Add the chocolate condensed milk mixture to the whipping cream and use a rubber spatula to fold the two together. Gently mix until you see no streaks.
- Pour the brownie crumbs into the bowl before using a rubber spatula to fold them into the ice cream.
- Transfer the ice cream to an 8×8 inch dish or 9×5 loaf pan if desired. Top with additional brownie pieces if desired. Cover the pan tightly with cling wrap or aluminum foil. Allow the ice cream to chill for at least 6 hours in the freezer before serving.
Heavy Whipping Cream: Make sure to beat the heavy whipping cream until the mixture is fluffy, thick, and forms stiff peaks when a beater is lifted straight out of the mixture.
Storing: Store in an airtight container or tightly covered in the container of your choice in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: No-Churn Ice Cream, Brownie Ice Cream, Fudge Ice Cream
I recently made this and it was a huge hit. My niece said it tasted like something you would get at Baskins Robbins. Thanks for the great and easy recipe!
Thank you so much for leaving such a kind comment, Mary! So glad you enjoyed the recipe!