Buttermilk Marble Bundt Cake is a moist, tender, and flavorful mix of chocolate and vanilla cake. It's made in 2 bowls with a whisk and can be topped with any frosting your heart desires. It's simple, quick to make, and absolutely addictive!
- 2 1/2 cups (350g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (5g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon (7g) salt
- 1 cup (200g) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon (6g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup (230g) buttermilk, room temperature
For the Chocolate Batter
- 1/3 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons (35g) hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heavily spray a 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray. This is essential for the bundt to come out cleanly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk vegetable oil, granulated sugar, eggs, and sour cream together until smooth and fully combined.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the wet ingredients, starting and ending by adding the dry ingredients.
- Transfer just under half of the the mixture to the medium bowl that contained the dry ingredients. Stir unsweetened cocoa powder and hot water into the batter to create the chocolate batter.
- Add 1/3 of the vanilla batter to your prepared pan. Add about 1/4 cup (this does not need to be precise) of chocolate batter on top of the vanilla batter. Then, add 1/4 cup (again, this does not need to be precise) of vanilla batter directly next to the chocolate batter. Repeat this process and work your way around the bundt.
- Use a spoon to create a continuous “S” shape around the bundt. Circle around the bundt twice without removing the spoon. DO NOT make any more swirls. You will end up with a blended/mixed batter rather than a marbled batter.
- Bake bundt for 35-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs and the top springs back when poked with your finger.
- Let bundt cool for at least 45 minutes before carefully removing to finish cooling on a wire cooling rack!
- Top if/as desired with powdered sugar, frosting, ganache, etc. and store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Marble Cake, Chocolate Cake, Buttermilk Cake, Vanilla Cake, Bundt Cake