This Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes recipe is the perfect mixture of cheesecake and cupcakes.... you get the best of both worlds! These cupcakes are quite the treat, easy to make, and are incredibly impressive! Moist chocolate cupcakes with creamy and rich cheesecake? They are calling your name!
The cupcake base is a rich, moist, and chocolatey cupcake that is screaming your name! They could not be more simple. You have a bowl of wet ingridients, a bowl of dry ingredients, and you'll whisk the two together. Let me make that even clearer
- NO MIXER
- 2 BOWLS
That's right! These cupcakes are inspired by my Easy Chocolate Cupcakes, which are my go-to cupcakes! You'll notice that these cupcakes don't have an egg in them- don't worry, they are still moist, soft, and light as ever!
The Cheesecake Filling
Just when you thought this cheesecake swirl cupcake recipe couldn't get any easier, it does! The cheesecake filling is as follows
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
Four ingredients. Simply mix them all with an electric mixer until all of the lumps are smooth, and you will be good to go.
Try not to over mix this. You also don't want it to get too warm. These cupcakes are bound to sink a bit in the middle where the cheesecake filling is, but the longer you mix and the warmer the mixture gets, the deeper that cupcake will sink!
I made these cupcakes two different ways: with a swirl and without!
If you choose to swirl, you'll place the two tablespoons of cheesecake on top of the cupcake batter and place about a teaspoon over it. To create the swirl, I recommend using a toothpick! Just run the toothpick back and forth through the top of the cupcake. Don't do this too many times, or you will ruin that beautiful tie-dye effect!
If you don't choose to do the swirl, spread your remaining batter evenly between your cupcakes. Place the two tablespoons of cheesecake on top and bake!
Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Cupcakes, Chocolate Cupcakes, Cheesecake, Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Cuisine: American
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: ⅓- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup full-fat sour cream, room temperature
- ⅔ cup water, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a regular-sized muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, room temperature egg, and vanilla extract until smooth with an electric mixer. As soon as the lumps disappear, stop mixing.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk vegetable oil, vanilla extract, room temperature sour cream, water, and vinegar.
- Whisk wet ingredients into the dry until smooth. Do not overmix. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Place ¼ cup of batter into each cupcake tin.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into each cupcake.
- If swirling, add a teaspoon of batter over the top of the cheesecake mixture. Use a toothpick to swirl the batter. Do not do so more than a few times, as you will not see the design!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out with a few moist crumbs or until the cupcake part springs back. The cheesecake should be set.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keywords: Chocolate Cupcakes, Cheesecake Cupcakes, Black Bottom Cupcakes, Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes
Leave a Comment!