These Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies transform your chocolate chip cookie into bar form. You’ll sprinkle pecan pieces into the batter, and the result is an ooey, gooey chocolate bar with a gorgeous crunch!
- 3 cups (420g) all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tablespoon (9g) corn starch
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (4g) salt
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (230g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon (6g) vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips (180g)
- 1/2 cup (100g) mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil to ensure the bars come out cleanly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk properly measured all purpose flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with the paddle attachment, mix room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth. Mix for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture is lighter and color and slightly fluffy in texture.
- Add vanilla extract to the batter before adding the eggs one at a time. Thoroughly mix between adding each egg to make sure the batter is smooth and fully combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet while mixing on low speed. Scrape down the bowl as needed. Do not overmix the batter- just mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans to the batter and mix until combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Spread the batter with the knife to make sure the bars cook evenly. Top the batter with additional chocolate chips and/or pecans as desired.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the sides of the bars are deep golden brown and the middle is light golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean with some crumbs and batter. The bars will continue to cook as they cool. Allow the bars to fully cool before slicing.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies, Pecan Blondies, Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars, Chocolate Chip Pecan, Chocolate Chunk Blondies