Chocolate Filled Cookies are soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with fudge filling. They are made without a mixer, have a super easy and gooey ganache center, and are a unique twist on a classic chocolate chip cookie.
For the Ganache Filling
- 1/2 cup (120g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup (165g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (180g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (315g) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Ganache Filling
- Pour your chocolate chips into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat your heavy whipping cream over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Pour the heavy cream on top of the chocolate chips and use a spoon to push the chocolate chips below the cream to ensure the chocolate chips are fully heated and will melt completely.
- Let the mixture sit for two minutes before using a spoon to mix the heavy cream and chocolate chips together. Start in the center of the bowl before moving outwards.
- Place the ganache in the fridge for 30 minutes-1 hour or until the mixture is firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll the ganache into 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls. Place the balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or plate.
- Place the balls in the freezer while preparing the dough. These ganache balls can be prepared ahead of time and stored in an airtight container or tightly covered in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For the Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly after baking.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to stir melted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature egg, room temperature egg yolk, and vanilla extract together.
- Pour all purpose flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Use a rubber spatula to mix the dry ingredients into the wet until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1-tablespoon sized balls. Make a well in the center of half of the dough balls.
- Place a chilled ganache ball in the well of the dough balls.
- Use your palm to flatten the remaining dough balls before placing one on top of each ganache ball. Use your finger to close the gap and fully cover the ganache ball with dough.
- Roll the top of each dough ball in additional chocolate chips for a bakery-style look.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes or until the edges look golden brown, the tops look light golden, and the centers look slightly soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool before storing.
Room Temperature Egg and Egg Yolk: Ensure that your egg and egg yolk are at room temperature, as this will allow the dough to come together more evenly for soft cookies.
Measuring Flour: Make sure to measure your flour with a kitchen scale or by using a spoon to carry the flour from your container to your measuring cup before taking a knife to level off the top.
Mix of Chocolate Chips: You can use any chocolate chips you'd like, but I recommend using a mix of different sizes and flavors.
Keywords: Chocolate Filled Cookies, Chocolate Fudge Cookies, Stuffed Cookies, Ganache Cookies