Indulge in the irresistible combination of rich, gooey chocolate and buttery pecans with these Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars. A delightful twist on the classic pecan pie, these bars offer all the warm, nutty goodness you love with a buttery shortbread crust and a topping that perfectly balances sweetness and crunch. These bars are sure to become a beloved treat for any occasion!
For the Crust
- 1 ¼ (175g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15g) light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, cool and cubed
For the Filling
- ⅔ cup (190g) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (210g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- ¼ cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups (200g) pecans, chopped
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9×13″ baking pan with nonstick spray and line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment or aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, brown sugar, salt, and butter on medium speed until combined and crumbly. The dough will look dry, but it should be able to hold together when you squish it with your fingers.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk light corn syrup, granulated sugar, room temperature eggs, and unsalted butter together until smooth.
- Fold chopped pecans and chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan on top of the crust. Ensure that the pecans and chocolate chips are evenly spread throughout the dish.
- Bake the pan for another 25-30 minutes or until the tops of the bars look set and golden brown. If you notice the bars starting to overly brown before they are set, top the pan with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning in the last 5-10 minutes of baking.
- Allow the bars to fully cool before slicing and serving. This should be at least an hour. When you are ready to slice, lift the parchment or aluminum out of the pan and slice with a sharp knife.
- Store the bars at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container, sealable bag, or individually wrapped in cling wrap or aluminum foil.
Slicing and Serving: Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before attempting to cut them. This helps them set and makes for cleaner, more defined slices. When cutting the bars, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water and wiped dry between each cut. This prevents the chocolate from sticking to the knife and results in cleaner slices.
Storing: Store leftover bars in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days or in the refrigerator for longer storage. To freeze, wrap the entire tray of bars or individually wrap each slice in cling wrap before freezing for up to 3 months.
Keywords: Pecan Pie Bars, Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars