These Cookies and Cream Bars are soft and chewy blondie bars with Oreo cookies stuffed inside. They are quick to prepare, filled and topped with chocolate sandwich cookies, and a fun and delicious dessert to serve!
- 1 1/2 cups (210g) all purpose flour, properly measured
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (105g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 15 Oreos, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray to help the bars come out cleanly after baking and cooling.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed until smooth and creamy. This should be about 3 minutes of mixing.
- Add the vanilla extract, room temperature egg, and room temperature egg yolk to the batter. Beat on medium speed until combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the all purpose flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt to the batter. Beat on low speed until just combined. Do not mix past when you see the dry ingredients disappear into the dough.
- Mix the crumbs of 3 crushed Oreos into the dough.
- Transfer about half of the dough to your prepared pan and spread it evenly. Top the dough with 9 Oreo cookies before spreading the remaining half of the dough on top of the Oreo cookies.
- Decorate the top of the dough with the crumbs of an additional 3 Oreos. Bake the bars for 32-36 minutes or until the top is light golden brown, edges are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with some crumbs.
- Allow the bars to cool before slicing, serving, and storing. Store tightly covered, individually wrapped, or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Bake Time: All ovens bake differently, but these bars are done baking when the tops are light golden brown, edges are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with some crumbs.
Cooling: Allow the bars to cool before slicing and serving to allow them to firm up and gain structure. Do not store until the bars have cooled to best preserve texture and freshness.
Keywords: Cookies and Cream, Oreo Bars, Cookie Bars, Blondie Bars