These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are easy to prep, bake, serve, and store. They are the perfect treats to whip up in a pinch, as they are made with simple ingredients and in two bowls with a whisk. They are moist, fluffy, and flavorful, and they are sure to impress any crowd!
- 1 cup (140g) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (4g) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (3g) salt
- ½ teaspoon (2g) cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ cup (130g) pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg (50g), room temperature
- ¼ cup (50g) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15g) milk
- 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (75g) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (90g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup (120g) mini chocolate chips + 1/3 cup (60g) mini chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-count muffin pan with 10 liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk properly-measured all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together with a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, room temperature egg, vegetable oil, milk, vanilla extract, granulated sugar, and packed light brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk slowly until you see the dry ingredients disappear into the wet ingredients. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure the flour mixture is completely incorporated.
- Use a spatula or spoon to fold the mini chocolate chips into the batter.
- Evenly divide the batter between the 10 liners about 1/4 cup of batter in each muffin liner.
- Bake the muffins for 18-23 minutes until the muffins are golden brown in color, a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, and the centers spring back immediately when poked gently in the center with your pointer finger.
- Allow the muffins to fully cool before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Keywords: Fall Desserts, Fall Recipes, Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins, Moist Pumpkin Muffins