Fudgiest Chocolate Banana Bread is likely the most indulgent loaf around. This is rich, decadent, moist, and absolutely bursting with flavor. It's easy to whip up, requiring two bowls, easy and accessible ingredients, and just 15 minutes of prep time!
- 1 1/2 cups (210g) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (62g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (7g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) baking powder
- 1/2 (3g) teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup (130g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) granulated sugar
- 3 large (350g), ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
- 1/4 cup (65g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (330g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter before adding the mashed bananas, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extra. Whisk until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, making sure not to overmix. Mix until the dry ingredients are just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips (or amount desired).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan before sprinkling the remainder of chocolate chips over the top of the raw batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out with moist crumbs and the top of the loaf springs back when poked. At the 40 minute mark, tent the pan with aluminum foil. The top might look done, but the bread WILL NOT be fully cooked. This ensures you do not overbake or burn the top of the bread. Place it back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Keywords: Chocolate Banana Bread, Loaf, Banana Bread, Chocolate Loaf, Chocolate Bread, Fruit