I can not wait for you to try this Funfetti Cookie Ice Cream. It requires less than 30 minutes of prep time and a handful of simple ingredients. Made with birthday cake pieces and rainbow sprinkles, this no-churn ice cream is the most fun, creamy, and flavorful treat you'll get your hands on!
Ice Cream Process
- Make Birthday Cookie Clusters (15 minutes)
- Make Ice Cream Base (5 minutes)
- Fold Cookie Clusters and Sprinkles into Ice Cream Base (1 minute)
- Chill Ice Cream (at least 6 hours)
Funfetti Cookie Pieces
Making these cookie pieces could not be easier. Though you are more than welcome to crush up a couple of cookies and throw them in, I'm all about a fully homemade treat... especially when the extra effort takes 15 minutes of work.
You'll simply combine all of the cookie ingredients together in a large bowl with a fork. No need for a mixer or any other fancy tools. After you mix the ingredients together, place the pieces on a lined baking sheet. Bake until the crumbs are light golden brown in color. Break the pieces up with a fork and allow them to cool before moving forward.
No Churn Ice Cream
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and vanilla together
- Beat heavy whipping cream on high speed with an electric mixer until medium peaks form
- Fold the whipped heavy cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture
- Fold the birthday funfetti cookie pieces and sprinkles into the ice cream
- Freeze the ice cream
No churn ice cream does not require the use of an electric ice cream maker. This saves space and money but maintains the most gorgeous texture and flavor. You'll simply pop the pan or bowl of ice cream in the freezer for at least 6 hours before serving.
The funfetti flavor is a deeper, more buttery vanilla flavor that traditionally includes rainbow sprinkles. In this recipe, the extracts and funfetti cake pieces create the funfetti ice cream.
I do not recommend substituting milk for heavy cream. You will not achieve the same results and will risk having a runny, liquid ice cream as opposed to a thick, creamy, velvety ice cream.
Storing Homemade Ice Cream
After the initial 6 hour-overnight freeze, transfer the ice cream to containers rather than simply covering with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Doing so will preserve it best.
You can store this ice cream in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
Funfetti Cookie Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time: 6 hours:
- Total Time: 6 hours, 25 minutes
- Category: Ice Cream, Funfetti, Cake, Funfetti Cake
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Funfetti Cookie Ice Cream is a no-churn, super simple funfetti-flavored ice cream filled with sprinkles and cookie pieces.
For the Funfetti Cookie Pieces
- ½ cup (70g) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (55g) granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon butter/almond extract
- 2 teaspoons rainbow sprinkles
For the Ice Cream
- 1, 14oz can ( g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons (4g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (480g) heavy whipping cream, cold
- birthday cookie pieces (recipe above)
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
For the Funfetti Cookie Pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add melted butter, vanilla extract, butter/almond extract, and spinkles and stir until crumb pieces form. Small clusters of crumbs should form.
- Transfer the birthday cookie crumbs to your prepared pan and bake until lightly golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately use a fork to break up the pieces and allow them to fully cool before moving forward.
For the Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to whip cold whipping cream until medium to stiff peaks form. A beater removed from the cream will create a peak that only slightly curls but holds its shape. Do not overbeat.
- Carefully fold cream into condensed milk and vanilla mixture.
- Fold birthday cookie crumble pieces and remaining sprinkles into the ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream to a 9×13 dish or 9×5 loaf pan. Stick a piece of plastic wrap to the top of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming and to keep the ice cream fresh. Cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil for extra protection.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
Keywords: Homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream, Funfetti Cake, Funfetti Ice Cream, No Churn Funfetti Ice Cream, No Churn Ice Cream
I made this today and it’s so good. The crumbles add great texture. My family loves it. Such a simple recipe. Who knew that making ice cream could be so easy.
Jackie, this comment made my day! Thank you so much for leaving a review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the recipe!