These Heart Shaped Brownies are thick, chewy, rich, and fudgy chocolate brownies in a heart shape for Valentine’s Day! They’re super quick and simple and are sure to impress!
- 3/4 cup (165g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 5 large eggs (250g), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (315g) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (160g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (140g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (64g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper. Spray the paper with cooking spray to ensure the brownies are easy to remove from the pan after baking and cooling.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt chopped unsalted butter and chocolate chips together over medium heat. Stir constantly to ensure the chocolate does not burn. After the two are fully combined and melted, set aside to cool slightly as you prepare your other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk room temperature eggs, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Pour melted butter and chocolate mixture into the bowl and whisk until combined throughout. Again, only mix until just combined.
- Add properly-measured all purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt to the batter and whisk only until you see the dry ingredients disappear. Mixing longer could result in dry brownies.
- Fold chocolate chips and other desired mix-ins into the batter until distributed evenly throughout. Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 25-35 minutes or until the top is shiny, beginning to crack, and the center does not jiggle. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out with some batter. Allow the brownies to fully cool before moving forward.
- Using a heart cookie cutter or heart shape and knife, cut the cooled brownie sheet into heart shapes. Store the hearts in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped in cling wrap at room temperature for 4 days in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Room Temperature Eggs: Make sure your egg yolks are at room temperature to create a smooth, even batter.
Storing: After the brownies have fully cooled, store them in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. To freeze, place the cooled brownies on a sheet pan or plate in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then, stack them in a bag or container. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Keywords: Brownies, Heart Shaped Brownies, Valentine's Day