These Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, made in one bowl with a whisk and spatula, require no chill time, and are perfect to celebrate love and Valentine’s Day!
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (120g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (53g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50g), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups (233g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (270g) chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly after baking.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to stir slightly cooled melted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Use a rubber spatula to mix the dry ingredients into the wet until all flour pieces disappear into the batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into about 2 1/2-tablespoon (55-60g) sized balls. Use your fingers to make an indent in the center of the cookie to create the top of the heart. Form the edges of the dough ball to create a point at the bottom of the cookie. Continue working with the shape until it resembles a narrow heart.
- Push additional chocolate chips into the tops of each dough ball for a bakery-style look.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges look light golden brown, the tops look pale, and the centers look slightly soft. Use a knife to push into the warm cookies to sharpen the heart shape if necessary.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool before storing. Store in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Measuring Flour: These cookies are chewy and soft if you measure your flour properly. Do this using a measuring scale to measure 233g exactly or use a spoon to transfer flour from your container to your measuring cup before using a knife to sweep across the top to level.
Keywords: Heart Cookies, Valentine's Day Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies