Meet the cutest, coziest, and easiest winter treat: Marshmallow Snowman Brownie Bites. These chewy and fudgy mini brownies are topped with a layer of marshmallow and decorated to create snowmen! They are made with just a few ingredients you already have laying around, are ready to eat within 30 minutes, and are the perfect dessert to make with little ones!
Why These Mini Snowman Brownies WORK!
- Fudgy and chewy brownie texture- These little brownie bites may be small, but they are mighty in fudginess! There's nothing worse than a dry, cakey brownie, and these babies are truly so moist!
- EASY preparation- These marshmallow snowman brownie bites take 9 simple ingredients, two bowls, and one whisk to whip them up. No need for a mixer or any fancy techniques!
- Fun to decorate- Using edible decorating markers, these snowmen are so simple and fun to create! Decorate these at any gathering or ask your favorite little hands to help out for a safe, exciting, and yummy activity!
Brownie Bite Ingredients
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips: You'll melt the semi sweet chocolate chips down with the butter. This creates your chocolate flavor, so make sure to use a chocolate chip brand that you like the taste of!
Unsalted Butter: You'll need unsalted butter in stick form. In the microwave or over the stovetop, you'll melt the butter with the chocolate chips to create a smooth mixture that will be added to the brownie batter. If you need to use salted butter, reduce the salt to ¼ teaspoon in the recipe.
Eggs: Use 3 large eggs at room temperature. If you forget to leave your eggs out ahead of time, place them in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes or run hot water over them for 2 minutes.
Light Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar: This combination of sugars is... perfect. Together, they add flavor, sweetness, moisture, and structure to these brownie bites.
All Purpose Flour: If you read one thing, let it be this... measure your flour properly by using a kitchen scale or by using a spoon to transfer flour from the bag to your measuring cups before using a knife to level off the tops of the measuring cups. Overmeasuring flour will lead to dry, cakey brownies!
Salt: Salt brings add sweetness and adds an extra layer of flavor!
Baking Powder: Baking powder helps these brownie bites to rise a bit in the oven. Do not substitute for baking soda.
Step by Step Process
- Prepare brownie batter, starting with melting chocolate chips and butter together. Then, mix eggs and sugars together for at least 2 minutes before adding the butter mixture to the batter. Next, whisk in dry ingredients only until they disappear into the batter.
- Divide batter between the mini muffin cavities, adding a little over 1 tablespoon of batter to each cavity. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the tops of the brownies look set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist crumbs.
- As the brownie bites are baking, use kitchen scissors to cut the jumbo marshmallows in half along the short side to create circular halves rather than on the long side, which would create log shapes.
- Add ½ marshmallow, sticky side down, to each brownie bite. Bake for an additional minute to soften the marshmallows before removing the brownie bites from the oven. Use your thumb to push down on the marshmallow to help spread it and round it out.
- Allow the brownie bites to cool before using edible decorating markers to create the snowman's face.
To ensure that your brownies come out chewy and fudgy, make sure to measure your flour correctly by using a kitchen scale or by using a spoon to transfer your flour from your bag to your measuring cups before using a knife to level off the tops of the cups. Also, make sure to slightly underbake your brownies. By this, do not bake until a toothpick comes out cleanly. The brownies will continue to bake as they cool, so only bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a brownie bite comes out with moist crumbs.
Brownies are finished baking when the tops look shiny. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out with a few moist crumbs. There should not be wet, gooey batter, but a clean toothpick indicates that the brownies have been overbaked. The brownies will continue to bake and firm up as they cool.
You can absolutely use whatever you'd like to decorate these snowmen. If you'd rather use small candies from the store, frosting, candy melts, or anything else you have that would do, please go right ahead! I simply prefer edible markers because they take less time and energy!
Expert Tips & Tricks
Measuring Flour: If you do not measure your flour properly, you will overmeasure. Overmeasuring flour drastically changes the taste, texture, and appearance of your treats. In this recipe, you'll end up with hard, dry, and crumbly brownies instead of chewy and fudgy brownies. If you do not use a kitchen scale, you can-
- use a spoon to lift and lower flour into your measuring cups
- use a knife to sweep across the top of your measuring cups to level the tops
Mixing Eggs & Sugars: Ensure that you mix the room temperature eggs, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar for at least two minutes using a hand mixer, stand mixer, or whisk. The mixture should turn dark pale in color, slightly foamy, and look greater in volume. By beating air into the mixture, you create a better brownie texture and help contribute to that shiny, crackled top.
Baking Immediately: Immediately after preparing your batter, divide the batter between the cavities and bake. The texture of the batter will change as it sits out, so try to bake the batter all at once if you have the oven space or pan capacity. This recipe makes around 30 mini brownie bites.
These Mini Snowman Brownie Bites are chewy, fudgy brownies topped with a layer of marshmallow and decorated to create a snowman. Festive for the season, made with just a handful of simple ingredients, and easily decorated, these bites are sure to impress anyone!
- 1 ½ cups (240g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (165g) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- ¾ cup (180g) light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (75g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (70g) all purpose flour
- ½ (5g) teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 15 jumbo marshmallows
- edible decorating pens
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line mini muffin pans with liners.
- Place your chocolate chips and chopped butter in a medium saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until smooth and fully melted OR microwave chopped butter and chocolate chips in a heat-safe bowl in 1 minute increments, stirring thoroughly between each round. Allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes as you are preparing the batter.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat your room temperature eggs, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium-high speed with a mixer or with a whisk for 2-3 minutes. The mixture should be lighter in color, slightly greater in volume, and fluffier in texture.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until combined.
- Carefully, whisk all purpose flour, salt, and baking powder into your wet ingredients only until the dry ingredients disappear. Do not mix past when you see the flour mixture fully incorporated, as doing so could lead to drier, cakier brownies. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the batter evenly into the cavities, a little over 1 tablespoon of batter per cavity. The batter should practically reach the top of each liner.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie bite comes out with moist batter. It should not look slimy, but it should look like gooey crumbs rather than dry crumbs or a clean toothpick.
- While the brownie bites are baking, use kitchen scissors to cut the jumbo marshmallows on the short side two create two circular pieces. Do not cut along the “log”, as this will not create the proper shape.
- Add 1 marshmallow half to the top of each brownie, sticky side down on top of the brownie. Bake for another minute before removing fully from the oven. Use your thumb to press down onto the marshmallow to spread it and shape it as needed.
- Allow the brownies to fully cool before using edible decorating markers to decorate the snowmen as desired!
Keywords: Marshmallow Brownies, Snowman Brownies, Chewy Brownies, Fudgy Brownies, Holiday Desserts, Festive Desserts