These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are the softest, chewiest chocolate chip cookies in bite-size form! This one-bowl, no-chill recipe makes the BEST chocolate chip cookies for a quick and easy treat!
- ½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (120g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (53g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50g), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (280g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (270g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly after baking.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to stir slightly cooled melted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Use a rubber spatula to mix the dry ingredients into the wet until all flour pieces disappear into the batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 2-teaspoon-sized (20g) balls.
- Push additional chocolate chips into the tops of each dough ball for a bakery-style look.
- Bake the cookies for 5-8 minutes or until the edges look light golden brown, the tops look pale, and the centers look slightly soft.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool before storing. Store in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Measuring Flour: These cookies are chewy and soft if you measure your flour properly. Do this using a measuring scale to measure 280g exactly or use a spoon to transfer flour from your container to your measuring cup before using a knife to sweep across the top to level.
Don't overbake: Overbaking can result in dry and crispy cookies. Take the cookies out of the oven when the edges are light golden brown and the centers are slightly soft. They will continue to firm up as they cool.
Keywords: Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies, Mini Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies