These Mini Egg Cookies are so thick, ultra chewy, and so soft! They’re made in one bowl without a mixer, are ready in just 25 minutes since they don’t require chill time, and they are perfect for Easter!
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (240g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (105g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups (490g) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (360g) chocolate chips of choice
- 2 cups ( crushed mini eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly after baking.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to stir slightly cooled melted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Use a rubber spatula to mix the dry ingredients into the wet until all flour pieces disappear into the batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the chocolate chips and slightly-crushed mini eggs.
- Roll the dough into 1/4 cup (85g) sized balls.
- Push additional chocolate chips and mini eggsinto the tops of each dough ball for a bakery-style look.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look light golden brown, the tops look pale, and the centers look slightly soft.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool before storing. Store in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Measuring Flour: Measure flour correctly by using a kitchen scale to measure 490g exactly. If you don’t have a scale, spoon the flour into your measuring cups before using a knife to level off the top. Overmeasuring flour will lead to dry cookies.
Freezing: Freeze dough balls and place them on a baking sheet or plate in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then, place the balls in a freezer bag or container until baking. To freeze after baking, place the cooled cookies on a baking sheet or plate in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then, stack the cookies in a freezer bag or container for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature or reheat in the microwave or oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until desired heat is reached.
Keywords: Mini Egg Cookies, Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Easter Cookies