Meet the smoothest, creamiest, and most festive Mini Egg Easter Fudge. This no-bake recipe is made in 10 minutes with 4 ingredients and comes out perfectly every time. You can substitute Cadbury Mini Eggs with another Easter candy too!
If you love Cadbury Mini Eggs as much as I do and want to incorporate them into other treats, this Mini Egg Brownie recipe will create the chewiest and fudgiest brownies filled with Easter candies. However, if you'd rather have a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie in bar form, these Mini Egg Cookie Bars have you covered!
Tell Me About This Recipe
- creamy, smooth, and rich chocolate fudge
- one bowl recipe made over the stove in 10 minutes
- easy to serve and store
- festive for Easter with Cadbury Mini Eggs or any other Easter candy of choice
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips: Chocolate chips are where the fudge gets its chocolate flavor. Use semi sweet, as another chocolate type could impact the way the fudge sets.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetened condensed milk makes this fudge easy as ever, consistently successful, and super smooth.
- Unsalted Butter: Butter creates a softer texture and contributes to a more classic fudge flavor.
- Mini Eggs: For the perfect Easter fudge, you will use Mini Eggs or another candy-coated egg in and on top of the fudge.
Step by Step Process
STEP 1: Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Crush ⅔ cup of Mini Eggs, but leave the remaining ⅓ cup of Cadbury Mini Eggs whole for topping.
STEP 2: Combine chocolate chips, chopped butter pieces, and unsweetened condensed milk in a large glass bowl. Heat a medium-sized saucepan filled with about an inch of water over medium heat. Place the glass bowl on top, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does not hit the water.
STEP 3: Mix the ingredients together constantly until the fudge is smooth. Immediately remove the bowl from on top of the saucepan.
STEP 4: Add the chopped Mini Eggs to the fudge mixture and stir until evenly dispersed. Transfer the fudge to your prepared dish.
STEP 5: Top the fudge with the remaining ⅓ cup of whole Mini Eggs. Then, cover the pan with aluminum foil or cling wrap before placing it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. Store in the fridge tightly covered for up to 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cadbury mini eggs are a rich and silky milk chocolate treat in the shape of an egg. The chocolate is coated in a thin pastel-colored candy shell!
Yes! If you would like to make this in a 9x9 inch pan, the fudge squares will be thinner but will taste the same. You can also make this in a 9x5 inch loaf pan for thicker fudge pieces.
Yes! You can easily double this recipe, though I'd recommend placing the fudge in a 9x13 inch pan. You can also halve the recipe if you put the fudge in a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Stir Constantly: When heating the butter, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk, do not stop stirring. This helps the mixture come together evenly and ensures none of the fudge burns.
Substituting Mini Eggs: If you don't have Cadbury Mini Eggs, you are more than welcome to substitute them with another Easter candy. I recommend another coated candy like Egg M&Ms or Hershey Eggs.
Storing: Make sure to keep the fudge tightly covered when storing to keep the fudge creamy. It will dry out if you do not store it properly.
- 2 cups (360g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup (55g) unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (210g) Mini Eggs, divided
- Begin by crushing ⅔ cup (140g) of Mini Eggs. Leave the remaining ⅓ cup of eggs whole.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or wax paper. This will ensure you can slice and remove the fudge cleanly from your pan.
- In a large heat-proof glass bowl, mix chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and chopped butter together with a rubber spatula.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the bowl of chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and chopped butter over the pot of boiling water. Make sure that the water does not hit the bottom of the bowl. If it does, simply pour water out of the pot to lower the water level.
- Stir the mixture consistently over medium heat until all butter pieces and chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. If you do not mix constantly, you will risk burning the fudge or having the fudge heat unevenly.
- Remove the bowl of fudge from the heat, and immediately stir in ⅔ cup of crushed Mini Eggs.
- Transfer fudge to prepared 8×8 pan. If desired, immediately top the fudge with the remaining ⅓ cup of whole Mini Eggs.
- Store pan, covered, in the fridge for 2 hours before slicing and serving. Store fudge in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Stir Constantly: When heating the sweetened condensed milk, butter, and chocolate chips, use a rubber spatula to stir constantly. This prevents the fudge from buring.
Mini Eggs: Crush ⅔ cup of Mini Eggs to stir into the fudge after you take it off of the heat. The remaining ⅓ cup of Mini Eggs should not be chopped and will be used as decoration on top of the fudge after it has been transferred to your pan.
Keywords: Stovetop Fudge, No-Bake Dessert, Easter Fudge, Mini Egg Fudge, Cadbury Mini Eggs