These BEST Mini M&M Cookies are easy to prepare with accessible ingredients and no chill time required. They are soft, chewy, thick, and so chocolatey because they are filled and covered with colorful and crunchy Mini M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- 1 2/3 cup (233g) all purpose flour, properly measured
- 2 tablespoons (18g) corn starch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (160g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (53g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50g), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) mini M&Ms, divided
- 1 cup (180g) mini chocolate chips, divided
- In a medium bowl, whisk all purpose flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with a paddle attachment (preferred), beat room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on high speed until slightly pale in color, puffy in texture, and shiny.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to the batter and mix on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as necessary to ensure the ingredients are dispersed evenly throughout the batter.
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients to the batter on low speed to prevent the dry ingredients from spilling out of the bowl. Mix only until you see the dry ingredients disappear into the batter.
- Add 2/3 cup (147g) of mini M&Ms and 3/4 cup (135g) of chocolate chips to the dough and mix until dispersed throughout the batter.
- Roll the batter into 55-60g dough balls, about 2 tablespoons of batter per cookie dough ball.
- Roll the tops of the cookie dough balls in remaining mini chocolate chips and mini M&Ms for a bakery-style look.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes or until the tops are pale in color, the centers look set but slightly soft, and the edges are just starting to turn light golden brown in color. The cookies will continue to bake as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool before storing in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer.
- Flour: Properly measure flour by measuring out 233g exactly using a kitchen scale or by using a spoon to transfer flour from your container to your measuring cup before sweeping a knife across the top to level it
- Butter: Ensure your butter is at room temperature. It should be cool to the touch and not melted whatsoever.
- Underbake: Slightly underbake the cookies, as they will continue baking as they cool. They should be pale in color on top and lightly golden brown around the edges.
Keywords: Mini M&M Cookies, Mini M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies, Soft and Chewy Cookies