Take your favorite summer treat and turn it into cheesecake- meet Mini S'more Cheesecake Bites! These bite-sized cheesecakes have a graham cracker crust, rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, thick and decadent chocolate ganache topping, and toasted marshmallows on top!
These are SO indulgent, have rather simple components, and are the perfect make-ahead treat!
Why Are These No-Bake Cheesecake Bites The Best?
- No-bake: optional oven use and SUPER simple ingredients
- Velvety chocolate cheesecake: smooth, creamy, and indulgent as ever
- Easy graham cracker crust: crushed graham cracker crumbs + melted butter = heaven
- Simple and rich chocolate ganache topping: heated heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips have never looked or tasted better
- Perfect to make ahead: make this treat up to 6 days before serving
- Easy to store: covered in the fridge or wrapped in the freezer
This cheesecake is a no-bake cheesecake! Regular cheesecake normally requires eggs and is baked in the oven. However, none of the ingredients in this cheesecake need to be heated, so the cheesecake simply needs to be in the fridge!
No-bake cheesecake is much smoother than traditional cheesecake. It's definitely not soft or melty in any way, but it's velvety and creamy in texture! These bites need to be in the fridge before serving! The longer they set in the fridge, the firmer and more stable they will be!
I highly recommend using pure baking bars in this recipe. I use Baker's or Ghirardelli! Using baking bars rather than chocolate chips or candy bars provides such a deep flavor and a much smoother texture. If you do need to use chocolate chips, try to use slightly higher quality chips!
Assembling S'more Cheesecake Bites
- Make graham cracker crust
- Make no-bake cheesecake filling
- Chill Mini S'more Cheesecake Bites
- Make chocolate ganache
- Add ganache and marshmallows to cheesecakes
- (optional): Torch marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust
This graham cracker crust is one of the best parts of the whole treat! Honestly, it's just too easy to make, so delicious, and adds the perfect flavor to complete a s'mores treat!
The most important part about this crust is to use crushed graham crackers! I like to crush mine in a food processor! If you don't have a food processor, put graham cracker sheets in a large zippable bag, and use the back and side of a wooden spoon to smash the sheet into fine crumbs!
You'll then mix the crumbs with melted butter, evenly divide the mixture and pat it down into the cupcake cavities, and bake the crusts for 5 minutes to help solidify them!
Though the bake time is optional, I recommend it for more stable cheesecakes!
Ganache Tips and Tricks
Ganache is a mixture of heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips. We'll use a rather thick ganache that will firm up as it sets in the fridge!
Ganache used to be rather tough for me... until I put these tips into practice! Here are a few expert tips...
- heat the heavy whipping cream until it almost reaches a boil
- make sure every chocolate piece is submerged under the heavy cream
- let the mixture set for 2-3 minutes before beginning to stir
- start stirring from the center and do not work outwards until the mixture combines in the center
Take your favorite summer treat and turn it into cheesecake- meet Mini S’more Cheesecake Bites! These bite-sized cheesecakes have a graham cracker crust, rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, thick and decadent chocolate ganache topping, and toasted marshmallows on top!
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup (120g) graham cracker crumbs (about 8 sheets of graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons (42g) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30g) granulated sugar
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup (90g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2g) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (2g) salt
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, pure chocolate baking bars
- ⅔ cup (160g) heavy whipping cream + 1 tablespoon (8g) powdered sugar
For the Chocolate Ganache + Topping
- ⅔ cup (132g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup (80g) heavy whipping cream
- 1 graham cracker sheet
- mini marshmallows as desired
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix melted butter, crushed graham cracker crumbs, and granulated sugar together until combine.
- Divide graham cracker mixture between each muffin cavity, about 2 tablespoons per cheesecake bite.
- Bake crust for 5 until lightly golden brown. Allow crusts to cool for at least 10 minutes before topping with chocolate cheesecake filling.
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, heating in 30 second increments and stirring after each interval. You can also melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let the chocolate cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of your electric mixer, beat softened cream cheese for 3- 5 minutes on medium speed until smooth, creamy, and light.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat for another 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure that the cream cheese and powdered sugar fully combine.
- Mix salt and vanilla extract into the batter.
- Add melted chocolate into the batter, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat heavy whipping cream and 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar until medium peaks form. The mixture will be bubbly and then turn smooth, creamy, and almost foamy. It may take a few minutes, but be patient. A beater removed from the mixture will create a peak that stands with a slight curl.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture until smooth and fully combined.
- Add ¼ cup (65g) of cheesecake mixture to each cupcake cavity. Smooth with the back of a spoon or a knife.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
For the Ganache + Topping
- Place chocolate chips in a medium, heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy whipping cream until it begins to simmer. The mixture should just begin to bubble, and you should see steam coming from it. Do not let the cream boil, as a film will form over the top of the cream.
- Immediately pour the cream over your chocolate chips. Push chocolate chips under the cream with a knife or spoon if they aren’t fully covered by the heavy cream.
- Let the mixture sit for 3 minutes, uncovered, before using a rubber spatula or wire whisk to combine. Start by making small circles in the center of the bowl. Continue making a swirl motion and slowly begin working outside the center of the bowl as the mixture combines. Be patient, as the ganache will take a few minutes to fully come together.
- Add about 1- ½ tablespoons of ganache to the tops of the chilled cheesecake bites. Smooth the ganache with a knife and top with marshmallows as desired.
- If you have a kitchen torch, lightly torch the marshmallows to create a roasted s’more look!
- Store cheesecakes, covered, in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Keywords: S'more Cheesecake, Cheesecake Bites, S'more Dessert, Chocolate Cheesecake, No-Bake Cheesecake