Say hello to your favorite classic cookie dough in an edible form… No Bake Cookie Dough Bites are calling your name! They’re made with just 8 simple ingredients, are safe-to-eat since they are eggless and use heat-treated flour, and are the sweetest, coziest bites of fun!
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22g) milk
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) all purpose flour, heat treated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (90g) mini chocolate chips
- Heat-treat flour in the microwave in 45 second increments, stirring between each round or in the oven for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Temperature of the flour should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit throughout. Allow flour to cool and sift before using for best results.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and creamy. This should be about 3 minutes of mixing.
- Add vanilla extract and milk to the mixture, and beat until smooth and combined.
- Add the heat-treated flour and salt to the batter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Fold in mini chocolate chips and other mix-ins as desired.
- Roll dough into 1-tablespoon balls. Top with additional chocolate chips or other mix-ins. Place balls on a piece of parchment paper and freeze for 10 minutes. Store tightly covered, in an airtight container, or individually wrapped in cling wrap in the fridge for up to 6 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Heat-Treating Flour: Heat treating flour is when you heat flour to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit to kill off any potential bacteria. You can do this in the microwave or the oven- both instructions are provided. This process makes this dough edible and safe-to-eat.
Unsalted Butter: If needed, salted butter can be used if you leave out the salt in the recipe. You can also use vegetable shortening in this recipe instead of butter, though the flavor of the dough will not be as prominent!
Milk: You can use any milk you have on hand- 1%, 2%, whole, coconut, almond… whatever you need to use! You can even use heavy whipping cream! If you do use a milk like coconut or almond, your cookie dough flavor will slightly differ!
Keywords: No-Bake Cookie Dough, Cookie Dough Bites, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough