Meet No Chill Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. These chewy and soft cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, are rolled in sugar, and have a candy piece center. They are a classic cookie for all seasons and are sure to have friends and family impressed!
- 2 1/4 cups (275g) all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (240g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) cup granulated sugar + additional 1/4 cup for rolling
- 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8g) pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (192g) creamy peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off cleanly and in one pieces after baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until smooth, creamy, and fluffy. This should be 2-3 minutes of consistent mixing.
- Add room temperature eggs to the dough and beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- Mix vanilla extract and creamy peanut butter into the dough on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula before mixing again to make sure the ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Carefully, add the dry ingredients to your wet batter on low speed and in several additions to avoid making a mess. Mix only until you see the dry ingredients disappear into the batter, as mixing past this point can create dense cookies.
- Roll the balls into 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized dough balls. Roll each ball in the extra 1/4 cup of sugar before placing them on the baking sheet. For best results, roll each ball one more time in sugar before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes or until the tops are cracked, the centers look domed and slightly soft, and the edges are light golden brown.
- Let the cookies set for 1 minute before placing a candy piece into the center of each cookies. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Allow the candy centers to fully set before storing at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Keywords: Peanut Butter, Kiss Cookies, No Chill, Creamy Peanut Butter