No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream is quite likely the most exciting treat this blog has ever seen. Edible chocolate chip cookie dough mixed into the easiest, no-churn, 3-ingredient ice cream base. This chilly treat will be the creamiest, most impressive, and absolutely addictive bake straight from your kitchen! This will be your new favorite and beats alllll of the store-bought brands!
Making Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Make Edible Cookie Dough
- Freeze cookie dough balls
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract
- Whip heavy whipping cream
- Fold whipping cream, mini chocolate chips, and cookie dough balls into milk and vanilla extract
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight
Edible Cookie Dough
I have a few different edible cookie dough recipes on the blog, and I am obsessed. Truly. There is all glory and no shame when it comes to eating edible cookie dough ice cream.
This cookie dough is deemed edible because it is SAFE to eat. This is due to heat-treating the flour before using it. I'm a sucker for following the rules and maintaining safety, so I highly recommend this step!
To heat-treat flour, you will microwave your flour in 45-second increments or bake on a cookie sheet at 350 until the temperature throughout reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I choose to microwave mine to skip the preheat time and because it's a bit easier to simply stir between each round!
Basically, the only trick to perfect homemade ice cream is whipping the heavy whipping cream correctly.
- use cold whipping cream
- use a clean bowl with no oil or fat
- whip at medium-high speed
- try not to stop and start whipping too many times
- stop mixing as soon as you get medium/ stiff peaks
Storing and Serving
In case you didn't know, ice cream needs to be kept in the freezer.... I know you knew that, though!
In order to keep this ice cream fresh and to prevent ice crystals from forming, you will want to cover the top of the ice cream with plastic wrap. I like to stick it directly onto the ice cream for best results! Then, I take a piece of aluminum foil and cover the container for ultimate freshness and protection in the freezer!
This ice cream absolutely needs to chill before serving. Chill the ice cream in the freezer for at least 6 hours before you even try to dig in!
This ice cream is definitely softer than store-bought ice creams, so you do not want to leave it out of the freezer for too long!
No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 6 hours:
- Total Time: 6 hours, 20 minutes
- Category: Ice Cream, No-Churn, Cookie Dough, Chocolate
- Cuisine: American
No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream has edible chocolate chip cookie dough mixed into the easiest, no-churn, 3-ingredient ice cream base. This chilly treat will be the creamiest, most impressive, and absolutely addictive bake straight from your kitchen!
For the Cookie Dough
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, heat treated and sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips + extra for ice cream
For the Ice Cream Base
- 1, 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
For the Cookie Dough
- Heat treat your flour in the microwave in 45 second increments, stirring between each round or in the oven, stirring the flour for about 10 minutes. Temperature of the flour should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit throughout. Let flour cool for at least 10 minutes before sifting and using.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat room temperature butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until smooth and creamy. This should be between 2-3 minutes.
- Mix milk and vanilla extract into the batter until smooth.
- Sprinkle salt into the batter before adding sifted, heat-treated flour. Mix until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Roll cookie dough into balls of different sizes between ⅛ teaspoon and ½ tablespoon.
- Place balls in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
For the Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to whip cold whipping cream until medium to stiff peaks form. A beater removed from the cream will create a peak that only slightly curls but holds its shape. Do not overbeat.
- Carefully fold cream into condensed milk and vanilla mixture.
- Fold cookie dough balls and remaining mini chocolate chips into the ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream to a 9×13 dish or 9×5 loaf pan. Stick a piece of plastic wrap to the top of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming and to keep the ice cream fresh. Cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil for extra protection.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
Keywords: Cookie Dough Ice Cream, No-Churn, No-Churn Ice Cream, Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chip
this recipe is amazing! i love the fact you dont need an ice cream maker or any fancy ingredients, and it is super easu to make!! plus, the result is amazing and it is sooooo delicious!! i highly recommend making this recipe, you will not be disappointed!💕
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, Ila! I so appreciate your kind comment and am so glad you enjoyed the recipe! Yay for ice cream 🙂