This Oat Milk Chocolate Pudding is creamy, smooth, and so rich. It's made with 7 simple ingredients in just 10 minutes, and it's dairy free!
If you are obsessed with chocolate like I am, you'll love these Triple Chocolate Cupcakes and these Chocolate Filled Cookies. In need of a great treat for a crowd? This Chocolate Walnut Cake is what you need!
Looking for another no-bake recipe? This Brownie Fudge Ice Cream is made with 4 ingredients and will surely impress a crowd. You could also give this stovetop S'mores Fudge a look!
Tell Me About This Recipe
- quick recipe made in just 10 minutes!
- creamy, decadent, rich, and deeply chocolate in flavor
- naturally gluten and dairy free with oat milk
- same classic pudding taste and texture with a healthier twist
- Granulated Sugar: Simple, plain white sugar adds to sweetness and texture!
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Contributes to the pudding's deep chocolate flavor. I use natural cocoa powder, but you can use any brand or type.
- Corn Starch: Corn starch helps to thicken the mixture.
- Salt: Salt adds to sweetness and enhances flavor.
- Oat Milk: Oat milk is the base of the pudding and allows for a dairy free alternative with the same chocolate pudding taste and texture you know and love.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: You can use any chocolate chips you'd like. Dark chocolate provides a richer flavor, but whatever you have is great! Use dairy free chocolate chips for a completely dairy free dessert.
- Vanilla Extract: Helps round out the flavor.
Step by Step Process
STEP 1: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, corn starch, and salt together.
STEP 2: Slowly, pour the oat milk into the pot. Stir consistently to help the mixture come together smoothly. Continue mixing on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the pudding thickens and begins to bubble.
STEP 3: Next, pour chocolate chips into the pot. Continue mixing over medium heat until the chocolate chips melt and the mixture is fully smooth.
STEP 4: Then, transfer the pudding to container(s) of your choice. Serve warm, allow it to come to room temperature, or place in the fridge before serving. Store in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this recipe, you absolutely can! The recipe has the perfect ratio of ingredients to allow oat milk to be used to create a thick, creamy, and chocolatey pudding.
If you use vegan or dairy free chocolate chips, this recipe is dairy free and vegan.
Make sure to mix this pudding over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until you notice the pudding thicken. The mixture will thicken further as it cools and once it has set in the fridge.
- Stir the mixture constantly as you allow the pudding to come together to ensure the pudding stays smooth and heats evenly.
- Once the pudding has thickened over the heat, remove it from the pot immediately to avoid the pudding from burning as it sits.
- The pudding will crust on the top as it cools. Simply serve as is, mix before serving, or place cling wrap directly on top of the pudding before placing in the fridge.
Oat Milk Chocolate Pudding
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Pudding, Chocolate, No Bake
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
This Oat Milk Chocolate Pudding is creamy, smooth, and so rich. It’s made with 7 simple ingredients in just 10 minutes, and it’s dairy free!
- ½ cup (105g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (21g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (480g) oat milk
- ¾ cup (120g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, use a rubber spatula to mix granulated sugar, cocoa powder, corn starch, and salt together.
- Slowly, add the milk into the pot while stirring. Continue stirring constantly until the pudding begins to thicken and bubble. This should take anywhere between 5-10 minutes.
- While still over the heat, add the chocolate chips to the pudding and beat until smooth and fully melted. Then, remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir vanilla extract into the mixture. Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl, cups, or any container of your choice. Serve warm, allow it to come to room temperature, or place in the fridge for a cold pudding. Pudding will thicken as it cools. Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Chocolate Chips: Dark chocolate creates a deeper flavor, but you can use any chocolate chips you'd like. Use vegan chocolate chips for a completely vegan or dairy free dessert.
Stir Constantly: Make sure to stir consistently when heating the pudding to avoid uneven heating or any burning.
Keywords: Chocolate Pudding, Oat Milk Pudding, Chocolate Oat Milk Pudding, Vegan Pudding, Dairy Free Pudding
Leave a Comment!