Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are the chewiest and softest cookie bars ever. They are bursting with chocolate flavor, have the best texture from the oats, and are super easy to make!
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (230g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- 2 1/2 (350g) all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 cups (160g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon (9g) corn starch
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (4g) salt
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips (180g)
- 1/2 cup (100g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil to ensure the bars come out cleanly.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with the paddle attachment, mix room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth. Mix for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture is lighter and color and slightly fluffy in texture.
- Add vanilla extract to the batter before adding the eggs one at a time. Thoroughly mix between adding each egg to make sure the batter is smooth and fully combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Slowly, add the all purpose flour, old fashioned rolled oats, corn starch, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Mix on low speed. Scrape down the bowl as needed. Do not overmix the batter- just mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips to the batter and mix until combined. Batter will be thick but smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Spread the batter with the knife to make sure the bars cook evenly. Top the batter with additional chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the sides of the bars are deep golden brown and the middle is light golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out with some crumbs and batter. The bars will continue to cook as they cool. Allow the bars to cool before slicing.
Storing: Store the bars in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped for up to 1 week at room temperature or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Oats: Make sure to use old-fashioned rolled oats for best texture!
Keywords: Oatmeal Cookie Bars, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars