Quick S’more Cookie Dough is your safe-to-eat chocolate cookie dough with marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and crushed graham cracker pieces mixed in. This is a no-bake recipe that you’ll have ready to eat in 15 minutes. It’s a unique treat, fun to eat, and pays homage to one of the greatest treats and flavors around!
Why You Need This Dough
- It’s a super fun twist on a classic treat you know and love
- This dough takes 15 minutes to make using SUPER simple ingredients
- It’s completely safe to eat, so feel free to dig in without any worry or guilt about eating raw flour
- It’s customizable and rather flexible… it’s a tough one to mess up
Cookie Dough Process
- Heat-treat flour
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together
- Add milk and vanilla extract
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the batter
- Add mini chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers, and marshmallows
- Devour quick s’more cookie dough
Edible cookie dough uses heat-treated flour. Regular flour can be dangerous to consume, so heating the flour to 165 degrees Fahrenheit kills the bacteria that can be harmful.
I highly recommend heat treating flour. When preventing sickness from raw flour takes less than 5 minutes, why wouldn’t you take that extra safety measure?
YES! You absolutely can! Not only can you switch mini marshmallows to jumbo and mini chocolate chips for any type of chocolate, but you can completely switch this recipe and incorporate any mix-ins you’d like! You can use nuts, dried fruit, sprinkles, fun-flavored baking chips… anything you can dream of!
Do NOT bake this cookie dough. It is not made to be a cookie, as it does not have proper ingredient ratios and doesn’t have any leavening agents!
Consuming raw flour can be dangerous. However, if you cook the flour to reach a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit throughout, you will be good to go, as the bacteria will be killed! You can….
- Microwave: Microwave your flour in a heat-safe bowl in 1 minute increments. Stir thoroughly after each interval. Make sure that each portion of the bowl reaches 165 degrees when you take the temperature. It’s common that one section of the bowl reaches 165 while another is lower since the microwave doesn’t heat evenly… stir some more and put that bowl back in the microwave! My flour usually takes 3-4 rounds in the microwave!
- Oven: You can also heat-treat the flour in the oven! Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your flour on a baking sheet that has a lip, and place that sheet in the oven. You’ll want to stir the flour around every few minutes so that the heating is even! My pan was in the oven for about 10 minutes total when I used this method!
The flour can get a little chunky as it’s heating. I haven’t seen many others talk about this, but it happens every time I heat-treat flour. For this reason, I recommend sifting your flour before adding it into your batter!
Substitutions and Alterations
- Unsalted Butter: You can use salted butter if you’d like! You can also use vegan/ dairy-free butter in this recipe if you need or like!
- Milk: The good thing about this recipe is that it’s rather flexible- no need for a specific type of milk! Anything you have on hand will work, though flavored milks will add a kick to this dough!
- Mix-Ins: You can technically use any mix-ins you’d like! If you’d like to stick to the s’more theme, you can use different sized or different flavored marshmallows and any type of chocolate you’d like. If not, you can add anything your heart desires to the base chocolate cookie dough!
Quick S’more Cookie Dough is rich, buttery, and indulgent edible chocolate cookie dough filled with mini marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, and mini chocolate chips. This no-bake recipe takes 15 minutes to whip up, is a super unique treat, and is simply TOO delicious!
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (130g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (40g) milk
- 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (175g), heat treated then sifted
- 1/3 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (90g) mini chocolate chips
- 3 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 2/3 cup mini marshmallows (40g)
- Heat treat your flour in the microwave in 45 second increments, stirring between each round or in the oven, stirring the flour around in the pan every few minutes for about 10 minutes. Temperature of the flour should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit throughout. Let flour cool for at least 10 minutes before sifting and using.
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat room temperature butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until smooth and creamy. This should be between 2-3 minutes.
- Mix milk and vanilla extract into the batter until smooth.
- Sprinkle salt into the batter before adding sifted, heat-treated flour and sifted unsweeted cocoa powder. Mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Add chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers into the batter and mix until incorporated.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Chocolate, Summer Dessert, Edible Cookie Dough, S’mores, S’more Dessert