Quickest Moist Banana Loaf is your classic banana bread recipe. It's moist, it's sweet, it's flavorful, and it's EASY! As a simple banana bread base recipe, it allows for any mix-ins you'd like! This delicious, 2-bowl, and 1 hour recipe is calling your name!
- 3 large bananas (390g), over-ripe
- 1/3 cup (100g) full-fat sour cream, room temperature
- 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (5g)pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (165g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (245g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (6g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(2g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (4g) salt
- 2 teaspoons (6g) cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. This ensures the bread will come out cleanly!
- On a large plate or in a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork, spoon, or mashing tool. Your bananas should be ripe enough that you don’t need a ton of mashing. You don’t need the mixture to be completely smooth, as banana chunks in this bread are perfectly fine!
- In a large bowl, whisk room temperature sour cream, and room temperature eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until the mixture is smooth and fully combined.
- Add mashed bananas to the wet ingredients using a whisk. Try to fully disperse the bananas in the mixture, but no need for the mixture to be smooth!
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet. You’ll want to make sure that all of the flour chunks disappear, but you do not want to over-mix. Over-mixing will lead to a denser bread.
- Add batter to your prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Tent the top of the pan with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning of the top of the bread. Cook for another 15-25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should not come out clean. It should have moist crumbs on it.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for an hour before transferring it to a wire rack. The bread is moist, and you do not want to risk breaking it by removing it from the pan before it has cooled.
- Store at room temperature for 5 days or in the fridge for 7. For more tips on storing, read above.
Keywords: Banana Bread, Classic Banana Bread, Easy Bread Recipe, Moist Loaf, Banana