These Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and flavorful peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces candies! They are chewy, chocolatey, and perfect for any occasion!
Are you a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter? Check out these Brownie Buckeye Cookies for a brownie cookie topped with Reese's filling, these Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies for chocolate cake pieces stuffed with peanut butter filling, or these Monster Cookie Dough Truffles for peanut butter cookie dough balls dipped in chocolate!
Needing more cookies inspo? Check out my cookie lineup on the blog!
Tell Me About This Recipe
- peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces
- soft, chewy, and flavorful
- quick and easy to make with simple, accessible ingredients
- easy to make ahead and store
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter: Room temperature butter provides the perfect texture and flavor in these cookies.
- Peanut Butter: You'll need creamy peanut butter for the peanut butter flavor! For best results, do not use natural peanut butter.
- Light Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar: Together, these add moisture and sweetness in every bite.
- Egg: One large egg at room temperature creates the perfect chewiness and structure.
- Vanilla Extract: Though these cookies have a peanut butter flavor, vanilla enhances the overall flavor.
- All Purpose Flour: Simple, plain all purpose flour creates a soft and chewy texture.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda gives these cookies some rise and creates a gorgeous dome.
- Salt: Salt brings out sweetness and compliments the peanut butter perfectly.
- Chocolate Chips: A mix of mini and regular chocolate chips work together for great texture and presentation.
- Reese's Pieces: What are peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces without Reese's Pieces?
Step by Step Process
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly.
STEP 2: In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with a paddle attachment, mix room temperature butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together until smooth. Beat for about 3 minutes on medium speed to allow the mixture to turn creamy and slightly fluffy in texture.
STEP 3: Add your creamy peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract to your bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
STEP 4: Add all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt to the batter. Mix on low speed only until you see the flour mixture disappear into the batter.
STEP 5: Pour in your mix of chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces into the batter and mix on low speed until the chocolate is dispersed evenly throughout.
STEP 6: Roll your batter into 2.5-tablespoon-sized balls (about 50g) and place them at least 2 inches apart on your prepared baking sheet. Top the dough balls with additional chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces if desired.
STEP 7: Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are domed, slightly soft in the center, light golden brown on top, and set around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or plate.
Frequently Asked Questions
I do not recommend using natural peanut butter when baking. In this recipe, using natural peanut butter will lead to cookies that spread rather than keeping a firm, dome shape. They will be thinner, likely wet in texture, and may not have as prominent of a peanut butter flavor.
To create soft and chewy cookies rather than crispy, make sure to measure your flour correctly by using a kitchen scale or by spooning and leveling the flour in your measuring cups to avoid dry and crunchy cookies. Only bake until the edges are set and centers of the cookies look slightly wet since overbaking leads to crispier cookies.
After the chocolate on top of the cookies has fully set and the cookies have cooled, store them in an airtight container or bag, individually wrapped, or tightly covered at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- Do NOT use natural peanut butter in these cookies. You'll need a thicker, firmer peanut butter for the best texture and shape in these cookies.
- Measure flour using a kitchen scale or by using a spoon to transfer flour from your container to your measuring cup before sweeping a knife across the top to level the flour. This prevents a dry, crumbly cookie.
- Use a mix of chocolate chips for the best flavor and texture. I use mini, milk, and dark chocolate chips in these cookies.
- Top your dough balls with additional chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces for a bakery-style cookie.
These Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and flavorful peanut butter cookies with Reese’s Pieces candies and chocolate chips! They are made in 30 minutes with simple ingredients and are perfect for any occasion!
- ½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (120g) light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (70g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (136g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg (50g), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cup (234g) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (143g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (190g) Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly.
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with a paddle attachment, beat room temperature butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed until smooth. This should be about 3 minutes of mixing until the mixture looks fluffy.
- Add creamy peanut butter, room temperature egg, and vanilla extract to the batter and mix on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Pour all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Mix on low speed only until you see the dry pieces of flour disappear into the batter. Mixing past this point could lead to dry cookies.
- Add chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces to the bowl and mix until dispersed throughout.
- Roll the dough into 2.5 tablespoon-sized balls, about 50g of dough per ball. Place the balls about 2 inches apart on your prepared baking sheets. Add additional chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces to the tops of the dough balls for bakery-style cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set and slightly crisp, centers look slightly soft, and the cookies are domed. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack or cool plate to finish cooling.
- Once the chocolate on top of the cookies have fully set and firmed up, store the cooled cookies in an airtight container, individually wrapped, or tightly covered at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Room Temperature Ingredients: Make sure your butter and egg are at room temperature before baking to ensure the dough comes together properly to create soft and chewy cookies.
Peanut Butter: Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe, as doing so will create wetter and flatter cookies.
Topping: Before placing the cookie sheets in the oven, push additional chocolate chips and Reese's Pieces into the tops of the cookies to create a bakery-style look.
Keywords: Peanut Butter Cookies, Reese's Pieces Cookies, Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate