This No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream is the easiest, homemade, 10-minute, 4-ingredient chocolate ice cream with classic rocky road mix-ins. This ice cream is so creamy, so smooth, so velvety, and SO addictive! You won't be able to stop eating this decadent treat, but luckily, you can whip it up as quickly as you devour it!
Making Homemade Ice Cream
Step 1: Combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder
Step 2: Whip heavy whipping cream until medium peaks form
Step 3: Fold heavy whipping cream into sweetened condensed milk mixture
Step 4: Stir in rocky road mix-ins
Step 5: Chill for at least 4 hours
Rocky Road Mix-Ins
- Chocolate Chunks
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chopped Almonds
No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
This no-churn rocky road ice cream is as simple as ever. Normally, ice cream is churned to incorporate air into your ice cream. However, this recipe does not require an ice cream maker or anything to churn your ice cream.
You'll simply combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and sifted cocoa powder together in a bowl before whipping heavy whipping cream in a separate bowl for several minutes until medium peaks form.
At this point, you'll carefully fold your whipped heavy whipping cream into your sweetened condensed milk mixture. It will take a minute or so to fully incorporate, but once it does, you'll stir in your mix-ins!
Texture of This Ice Cream
This ice cream, though absolutely delicious, is much smoother and much thinner than your traditional ice cream. By thinner, I mean that it melts much quicker and is rather velvety. When I think of a "normal" scoop of ice cream, I usually think of something a bit more stable.
However, this ice cream is HEAVENLY! It's so soft, so flavorful, so easy to make, and SO much creamier than any ice cream you have ever had. I just wanted to make sure we were completely transparent with the fact that you should not expect your traditional ice cream... though you will NOT complain since it's so dang yummy!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Ice Cream
- Mixing: Do NOT overwhip your heavy whipping cream. You'll want to beat on medium speed for several minutes until your cream turns thicker and does not look like a liquid. When you lift a beater from the heavy whipping cream, it should create a peak that slightly curls at the end. When mixing the cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture and mixing your mix-ins into the ice cream, CAREFULLY FOLD to avoid changing the texture of your ice cream!
- Freezing: You'll want to place a piece of cling wrap directly on top of your ice cream to avoid ice crystals from forming. If they do, it's not a huge deal, but placing one or two layers of cling wrap is a lovely preventative measure!
- Serving: As I mentioned above, this ice cream is creamy. Thank goodness. That being said, I would not leave this ice cream out too long before serving. If it's not being served, it needs to be back in the freezer with a piece of cling wrap over it... a small price to pay for perfection!
No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 Hours:
- Total Time: 4 Hours, 10 Minutes
- Category: Summer, Ice Cream, Chocolate
- Cuisine: American
The easiest, homemade, 10-minute, 4-ingredient chocolate ice cream with classic rocky road mix-ins. This ice cream is so creamy, so smooth, so velvety, and SO addictive!
- 1, 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup almonds (chopped)
- In a large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, sifted cocoa powder, and vanilla extract together until combined.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to whip cold whipping cream until medium to stiff peaks form. A beater removed from the cream will create a peak that only slightly curls but holds its shape. Do not overbeat.
- Carefully fold cream into condensed milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla mixture.
- Fold chocolate chunks, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and chopped almonds into the ice cream using a spatula.
- Transfer ice cream to a 9×13 dish or 9×5 loaf pan. Stick a piece of plastic wrap to the top of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming and to keep the ice cream fresh. Cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil for extra protection.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Keywords: Rocky Road, No-Churn, Ice Cream, Summer Dessert
Leave a Comment!