These Small Batch Fudgy Brownies are thick, chewy, and chocolate fudge brownies made with oil. They only require 8 simple ingredients you already have in your kitchen and will be ready to eat in 30 minutes!
If you are like me, than you are a BIG brownie fan. Brownies are my go-to dessert, specifically these Oreo-Stuffed Brownies for a quick and impressive dessert that will leave a crowd obsessed with your baking. I also LOVE nuts in my brownies, so I always turn to these Dark Chocolate Walnut Brownies in a pinch. However, if you're looking for another recipe for a smaller gathering, this Miniature Fudge Cake is calling your name!
Why This Recipe Works
- Moist and Chewy- These brownies are made with oil to create moist, fudgy, and soft brownies!
- Loaf Tin- These brownies are made in a 9x5 inch loaf pan to create 8 perfect brownies.
- Easy and Quick- This recipe requires 8 accessible and classic ingredients and takes only 30 minutes to have warm and gooey brownies ready to devour!
- Vegetable Oil: These brownies are made with vegetable oil for ease and for the moistest fudge brownies!
- Light Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar: Both sugars add to the structure, moisture, and sweetness of the brownies.
- Eggs: 2 eggs at room temperature create chewy brownies.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla rounds out the flavor.
- All Purpose Flour: Regular, all purpose flour creates soft and fudgy brownies when measured properly. Read "Expert Tips" for more information on accurate measuring.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: These are brownies with cocoa powder as the chocolate flavor. I use natural cocoa powder, but dutch processed will work too!
- Salt: Salt brings out the sweetness!
Step by Step Process
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a 9x5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper. Spray the paper and inside of the pan with cooking spray to ensure the brownies come out cleanly.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, use a wire whisk to stir vegetable oil, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract together.
STEP 3: Add eggs to the batter and use a wire whisk or electric hand mixer to beat the eggs into the batter for at least 2 minutes. This adds air to the batter and creates the gorgeous, cracked, shiny top.
STEP 4: Add all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt. Only mix until you see the dry ingredients disappear into the wet ingredients. Overmixing can lead to drier brownies.
STEP 5: Transfer the batter to your prepared pan, and use a knife or the back of the spoon to spread and even the batter across the loaf tin.
STEP 6: Bake the brownies for 19-23 minutes or until the top is shiny, cracked, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with crumbs.
STEP 7: Allow brownies to cool before slicing and serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make fudgy brownies as opposed to drier or cakier brownies, ensure that you do not overmeasure your flour. Either measure your flour exactly using a kitchen scale or spoon and level flour rather than packing it into your measuring cups. Bake the brownies only until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist batter on it. The brownies will continue to bake and firm up as they cool.
Both butter and oil can be used when baking brownies. Using butter adds flavor to every bite, but unflavored oil creates denser, fudgier, and chewier brownies. If you are hoping for super fudgy brownies that stay moist, oil is the option I would recommend!
When a toothpick is inserted into the center of a pan of fudgy brownies, it should not come out clean. The toothpick should look like it has pieces of soft brownie on it. The brownies will continue to bake as they cool, creating structure and firmness while maintaining a soft and gooey texture.
Measuring Flour: If you overmeasure your flour, you will end up with dry and tough brownies rather than chewy brownies. To properly measure flour:
- use a kitchen scale to measure 35g of flour exactly
- use a knife to transfer the flour from its container to your measuring cups before taking a knife to sweep across the top and level the peak
Mixing Eggs: Mix the eggs into the oil and sugar mixture for at least 2 minutes. Vigorously mixing will beat air into the batter and create the perfect brownie texture and gorgeous shiny top!
Cooling and Storing: For best results, do not slice the brownies until they have had time to cool because they will be so gooey that they will fall apart. Similarly, do not store the brownies until they have cooled to preserve the ooey gooey texture.
Small Batch Fudgy Brownies (with oil)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 brownies 1x
- Category: Brownies, Chocolate, Fudge
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
These Small Batch Fudgy Brownies are thick, chewy, and moist! They only require 8 simple ingredients you already have in your kitchen, will be ready to eat in 30 minutes, and are so rich and chocolatey that you'll wish you had more than 8 perfect brownies to devour!
- ⅓ cup (66g) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (120g) light brown sugar
- ⅓ (70g) cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (35g) all purpose flour, properly measured
- ¼ cup (21g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper, and spray the pan thoroughly with cooking spray to ensure the brownies come out clean.
- In a large bowl, use a wire whisk to mix vegetable oil, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until combined.
- Add room temperature eggs to the batter, and use a wire whisk or electric hand mixer to vigorously mix the eggs for at least 2 minutes. This adds air to the batter and creates a fudgy texture and cracked top.
- Pour vanilla extract into the batter, and mix until dispersed.
- Add properly measured all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt into the batter. Use a whisk to carefully stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Only mix until you see the flour and cocoa powder pieces disappear into the batter, as overmixing could lead to dry and dense brownies.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 19-22 minutes or until the top looks set, slightly soft in the center, and cracked on top. A toothpick inserted into the batter should come out with a bit of moist batter rather than coming out fully clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing, serving, and storing. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or tightly covered for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- Flour: Measure flour properly by using a kitchen scale or using a spoon to transfer flour from its container to your measuring cup before using a knife to sweep across the top to level the peak.
- Baking: For moist and chewy brownies, bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie pan comes out with soft pieces of brownie and brownie batter on it.
- Freezing: You can freeze these brownies in an airtight container or bag or individually wrapped in cling wrap for up to 4 months. Leave at room temperature for about 2 hours before eating or heat in the microwave until desired heat level is reached.
Keywords: Small Batch Recipe, Fudge Brownies, Chewy Brownies, Moist Brownies, Brownies with oil
Aarti shelke says
Nice recipe i loved it!♥️thank you for sharing😍✨
Thank you so much for trying the recipe and leaving such a sweet review, Aarti!
Great recipe! Works really well with chocolate chip cookie dough and Oreo cookies.
Thank you so much, Skye! I loved that you added an extra touch to the recipe!