Indulge in the perfect union of campfire nostalgia and homemade goodness with these irresistible S'mores Cookie Bars. Effortlessly made in a single bowl with no need for a mixer, these treats combine a simple graham cracker cookie base, gooey marshmallow fluff filling, and a rich and indulgent chocolate layer with extra chocolate chips on top!
- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (240g) light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (105g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (100g), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups (350g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (120g) crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 cups marshmallow creme
- 2 cups (360g) chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9x13 inch glass baking pan with parchment paper to ensure the cookie bars come out of the pan cleanly after baking.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to stir melted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature eggs, and vanilla extract together until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour all purpose flour, crushed graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Use a rubber spatula to mix the dry ingredients into the wet until all flour pieces disappear into the batter.
- Transfer about ½ of the cookie dough to your prepared 9x13 inch dish and press the dough into the pan evenly.
- Spread the marshmallow creme evenly across the cookie dough.
- Push the chocolate chips and/or chunks into the marshmallow creme before flattening the remaining ½ of the cookie dough into disks and placing them on top of the chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookie bars for 21-25 minutes or until the edges look light golden brown, the tops look slightly pale and just barely turning golden in color, and the centers look slightly soft and shiny. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cookie bars should come out with just a bit of batter on it, as the cookie bars will continue to cook in the pan as they cool.
- Allow the cookie bars to fully cool before slicing and storing. Store in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days, in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Bake Time: To avoid overbaking cookie bars, start checking for doneness a few minutes before the recommended baking time and remove them from the oven when the edges are light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs but no wet batter.
Freezing: For longer storage, freeze the bars by wrapping them individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and then placing them in an airtight container or a resealable freezer bag for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature or warm in the microwave or at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to desired heat to get an even chewier texture.
Keywords: S'mores Bars, S'mores Cookie Bars, Graham Crackers, Marshmallow Fluff