This S'mores Fudge is a quick, easy, and absolutely addicting recipe! It's made with 6 simple ingredients with a 10 minute prep time before chilling. This is the perfect recipe to whip up when you want to impress a crowd but only have a few minutes to spend in the kitchen!
What is a S'more?
S'mores are a classic treat for so many occasions. Traditionally, s'mores are made by roasting a marshmallow over a fire before stuffing it in between two graham cracker squares with a portion of a Hershey bar.
S'mores can be made in so many other ways, though- microwave, stovetop, oven, or grill! Additionally, so many treats pay homage to the classic flavor by incorporating the three main ingredients:
- crunchy honey graham crackers
- soft, pillowy marshmallows
- creamy, melty chocolate
Easy S'mores Fudge Recipe Ingredients
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips: Using semi sweet chocolate chips gives this fudge the perfect flavor and melts down so nicely with the sweetened condensed milk. I do not recommend using another flavor of chocolate, as doing so may change how the fudge sets.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: You'll need a standard, 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk as the base of this fudge. Please note that sweetened condensed milk is not the same as evaporated milk and will yield drastically different results.
Unsalted Butter: Just ¼ cup of chopped unsalted butter helps this fudge gain structure, helps with a creamier texture, and contributes to the overall flavor.
Mini Marshmallows: Using mini marshmallows as opposed to jumbo or even chopped jumbo marshmallows creates better shape, better texture, and a better look!
Graham Crackers: Graham crackers add the classic s'more crunch and honey flavor! You'll crush them up to better disperse them throughout the fudge.
Hershey Candy Bar: Hershey bars are the most standard, classic chocolate in a s'more. You'll use the individual rectangle pieces on top of the fudge as a garnish to top off the s'mores look!
S'more Candy Fudge Process
- Prepare baking dish by lining it with parchment paper
- Combine chocolate chips, chopped butter, and sweetened condensed milk in a heat-safe glass bowl
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan
- Place the bowl of ingredients on top of the saucepan to melt down the fudge
- Stir consistently to avoid burning the fudge
- Once the mixture is smooth and fully melted, mix in graham cracker pieces and mini marshmallows
- Transfer fudge to prepared pan
- Top fudge with s'more toppings as desired
- Cover tightly and place in the fridge for 2 hours to allow the fudge to firm up
Though this fudge is nowhere near as finicky as fudge without sweetened condensed milk, it's important to continue stirring while the chocolate chips, butter, and condensed milk melt down. If you leave the stovetop, you risk burning the chocolate or uneven heating throughout the mixture.
Please note: sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk are not the same ingredients. Sweetened condensed milk is a thickened milk mixture that has had most of the water removed from it. It has also been sweetened, acting as a preservative. It normally comes in a 14oz can and can usually be found in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
Storing and Serving
- Do not slice until the fudge has had at least 2 hours in the fridge
- Store in the fridge tightly covered or in an airtight container
- Fudge can stay in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
- Fudge can be frozen individually wrapped or in an airtight container after firm for up to 3 months
This Easy S'mores Fudge is a smooth, creamy, and fool-proof recipe made from 6 ingredients with 10 minutes of prep time. It's perfect to make ahead of time for a gathering, so fun and unique to serve, and absolutely addicting!
- 2 cups (360g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup (55g) unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 ½ cup (75g) mini marshmallows
- 4-5 crushed graham cracker sheets
- 1 Hershey candy bar
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or wax paper. This will ensure you can slice and remove the fudge cleanly from your pan.
- In a large heat-proof glass bowl, mix chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and chopped butter together with a rubber spatula.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the bowl of chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and chopped butter over the pot of boiling water. Make sure that the water does not hit the bottom of the bowl. If it does, simply pour water out of the pot to lower the water level.
- Stir the mixture consistently over medium heat until all butter pieces and chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. If you do not mix constantly, you will risk burning the fudge or having the fudge heat unevenly.
- Remove the bowl of fudge from the heat, and immediately stir in mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers.
- Transfer fudge to prepared 8×8 pan. If desired, immediately top the fudge with additional crushed graham cracker pieces, mini marshmallows, and Hershey bar pieces.
- Store pan, covered, in the fridge for 2 hours before slicing and serving. Store fudge in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: S'mores, S'mores Fudge, Candy Fudge, Easy Recipe, Chocolate Fudge