Softest Sprinkle Sugar Cookies are the softest, chewiest, most buttery, and most fun cookie around. These sugar cookies are rolled in rainbow sprinkles and baked to have slightly crispy edges. These are melt-in-your-mouth and SO easy to make!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, cream room temperature butter and granulated sugar together until smooth and creamy using a mixer. I mixed for about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder to the bowl. Make sure not to overmix. If dough is REALLY sticky, add an extra tablespoon to mixture.
- Place the bowl of batter in the fridge for 25-30 minutes. You want to be able to roll a tablespoon of the dough without it sticking to your hands. Stick it back in the fridge if it’s not ready yet!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the fridge. Place 1/2 cup of sprinkles in a bowl. You may need more! Roll 1 Tbsp balls of dough in your hands before rolling them in the bowl of sprinkles. Make sure your balls are completely covered in sprinkles. Place the balls of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for soft cookies with a slight crunch on the outside. At the 4 minute mark, remove sheets from the oven to add more sprinkles to the center if needed. Place them back in the oven to finish baking. Let the cookies sit on baking sheets for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to completely cool. Sprinkles will be completely set after about an hour.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Rainbow Sprinkles, Sprinkle Cookies, Funfetti Cookies, Soft Cookies