These soft, chewy, and easy dipped Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies are a fun and festive twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie! In this version, the cookies are partially dipped in melted chocolate and then decorated with colorful sprinkles for an additional kick of sweetness and fun pop of color!
I'm in love with chocolate chip cookies. Classics are classics for a reason... they are just the BOMB DOT COM! Some of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes are these Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies (my all-time favorites) and these Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies for bite-sized cutie little chocolate chip cookies!
Why You'll LOVE This Recipe
Easy: These cookies are made in one bowl with a whisk, do not require any chill time, and are ready to eat in about 30 minutes!
Customizable: These are PERFECT for any occasion! You can use colors for holidays, sports teams, schools, baby showers... literally anything!
Texture: The addition of sprinkles not only enhances the appearance but also adds a delightful texture to the cookies. The sprinkles provide a slight crunch and create the best contrast to the soft and chewy texture of the chocolate chip cookies.
- Unsalted Butter: You’ll melt your butter for flavor and moisture in every bite! Using melted butter also makes this a no-mixer recipe!
- Light Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar: Both sugars work together to create flavor, moisture, and structure.
- Egg: An egg at room temperature adds structure and chewiness.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract rounds out the flavor of these cookies.
- All Purpose Flour: All purpose flour, measured properly, creates soft and chewy cookies.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: Together, both of these leavening agents give these cookies their rise and create gorgeous, thick domes!
- Salt: Salt enhances the flavor and brings out sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips: I use a combination of mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, and large chocolate chips inside of the cookies.
Step by Step Process
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pans cleanly after baking.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, use a whisk to mix melted unsalted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature egg, room temperature egg yolk, and vanilla extract together.
STEP 3: Add all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt to the dough. Use a rubber spatula to fold the ingredients into the dough until smooth
STEP 4: Then, pour the chocolate chips into the cookie dough. Use a rubber spatula to fold the chocolate chips in until evenly dispersed.
STEP 5: Roll each dough ball into 2- 2 ½ tablespoon dough balls (55-60g of batter). Top each dough ball with additional chocolate chips as desired for a bakery-style look.
STEP 6: Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden in color, the tops are light pale, and the center is just slightly soft. Allow the cookies to fully cool before decorating.
Dipping Chocolate Chip Cookies
STEP 1: Melt chocolate chips down in 1-minute intervals in the microwave, stirring thoroughly between each round.
STEP 2: Dip one cookie into the melted chocolate chips. Immediately after dipping the cookie, dip the cookie into a bowl of sprinkles. Repeat the process with the remaining cookies.
STEP 3: Place the cookies on a piece of parchment to fully set before serving or storing.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use various types of sprinkles for your chocolate chip cookies! Rainbow sprinkles are a classic choice, but you can also use chocolate sprinkles, colored sugar, nonpareils, or any other decorative sprinkles you prefer.
To ensure that the sprinkles stick to the cookies, immediately sprinkle them with the desired sprinkles right after dipping them in chocolate. The chocolate acts as a glue, so don't wait for it to set before adding the sprinkles!
You do not! In the cookies, I use a mix of different flavors and sizes. For dipping, you can use whatever flavor you'd like... dark, milk, semisweet, white, or whatever your heart desires!
- Measuring Flour: These cookies are chewy and soft if you measure your flour properly. Do this using a measuring scale to measure 233g exactly or use a spoon to transfer flour from your container to your measuring cup before using a knife to sweep across the top to level.
- Mix of Chocolate Chips: For the best flavor and texture, use a mix of different types and sizes of chocolate chips inside of the cookie dough.
- Sprinkles: You can use whatever you'd like, have, or can find, but I love these rainbow sprinkles these chocolate sprinkles.
How to Store
To store your sprinkle chocolate chip cookies, allow them to set completely and then place them in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw the cookies at room temperature for a couple of hours before serving.
To make these cookies ahead of time, freeze the dough by shaping it into balls and placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the balls for 15 minutes before transferring them to a resealable freezer bag for up to 3 months.
These soft, chewy, and easy dipped Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies are a fun and festive twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie! In this version, the cookies are partially dipped in melted chocolate and then decorated with colorful sprinkles for an additional kick of sweetness and gorgeous visual appeal!
- ½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (120g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (53g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50g), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups (233g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (270g) chocolate chips + 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly after baking.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to stir slightly cooled melted butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, room temperature egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the dough. Use a rubber spatula to mix the dry ingredients into the wet until all flour pieces disappear into the batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into about 2 ½-tablespoon (55-60g) sized balls.
- Push additional chocolate chips into the tops of each dough ball for a bakery-style look if desired.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges look light golden brown, the tops look pale, and the centers look slightly soft. Use a knife to push into the warm cookies to round out the circle shape.
- Melt your 1 cup (180g) of chocolate chips down in a heat-safe bowl in the microwave in 1-minute increments. Stir thoroughly between rounds to ensure even heating.
- After the cookies have fully cooled, dip them into the melted chocolate chips. Immediately after dipping one cookie in the chocolate, top the cookie with sprinkles. Place the dipped and decorated cookies on a piece of parchment paper until they are fully set.
- Allow the cookies to fully cool before storing. Store in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Measuring Flour: These cookies are chewy and soft if you measure your flour properly. Do this using a measuring scale to measure 233g exactly or use a spoon to transfer flour from your container to your measuring cup before using a knife to sweep across the top to level.
Don't overbake: Overbaking can result in dry and crispy cookies. Take the cookies out of the oven when the edges are light golden brown and the centers are slightly soft. They will continue to firm up as they cool
Keywords: Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sprinkles, Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies