- 1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (240g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (225g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature (200g)
- 1/2 tablespoon (6g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (140g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (67g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (8g) salt
- 16 Oreos cookies (+additional 4-6 for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment before spraying it with cooking spray!
- Melt chopped butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each round OR in a small saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Butter should be fully melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and room temperature eggs with a wire whisk for about 2 minutes until pale in color and slightly bubbly. This helps to create a shiny top.
- Add vanilla extract and melted butter to the batter, mixing until combined.
- Carefully add flour, cocoa powder, and salt to the mixture. Do not overmix. Mix the ingredients until the dry ingredients just disappear into the batter. The batter will not be completely smooth.
- Add half of the brownie batter to your prepared pan. Cover the batter with Oreo cookies. Pour remaining half of the batter over the cookies.
- If desired, crush an additional 4-6 Oreo cookies on top of the batter to create an Oreo topping.
- Bake the brownies for 45-55 minutes. The top will be shiny. A toothpick inserted into the center of the pan will come out with a thin layer of gooey batter. A toothpick inserted towards the edge of the pan will come out almost clean. Overbaking will lead to dry brownies. Brownies will continue cooking as they cool.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing. Store covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Keywords: Oreo Brownies, Fudgy Brownies, Chewy Brownies, Thick Brownies, Chocolate