These Easy Thin Mint Brownies are homemade fudge brownies stuffed with Girl Scout cookies. They are deeply rich and bursting with chocolate while paying homage to the classic Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie!
Why These Thin Mint Brownies Work
One-Bowl Recipe- You need one whisk and one large bowl for these brownies.
Thick and Fudgy- These homemade, from scratch brownies beat a box mix every single time. They are so soft, so chewy, and so rich and melty!
Stuffed Brownies- These brownies are stuffed with Thin Mint Cookies for the ultimate chocolate dessert inspired by Girl Scout cookies!
- Unsalted Butter: You will melt the butter down and use it while it's still quite warm to create the best texture and most gorgeous cracked top!
- Light Brown Sugar & Granulated Sugar: Using both sugars results in a sweet, flavorful, and moist brownie!
- Eggs: You'll need 3 large eggs at room temperature for a chewy texture.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract completes the flavor of the brownies.
- All Purpose Flour: Plain, white, all purpose flour is all you need for this recipe. However, it absolutely must be measured correctly for chewy and fudgy brownies. Read "Expert Tips" below for more information.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: This is where the chocolate flavor comes from. I use natural cocoa powder for ease!
- Salt: Salt is one of the most important ingredients, as it brings out sweetness and enhances flavor.
- Thin Mint Cookies: What are Easy Thin Mint Brownies without Thin Mint Cookies?
Step by Step Process
*PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS IN THE RECIPE CARD BELOW*
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper before spraying the pan thoroughly with cooking spray.
STEP 2: Whisk hot butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together until light pale in color and slightly frothy.
STEP 3: Use a wire whisk to mix room temperature eggs into the batter. Beat for at least 2 minutes to add air to the batter. Stir vanilla extract in.
STEP 4: Pour properly measured flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the batter before slowly and carefully mixing the dry ingredients into the wet batter with a wire whisk. Do not mix past when you see the flour mixture disappear into the batter.
STEP 5: Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan before topping the batter with 16 cookies. Pour the remaining half of the batter over the top of the cookies.
STEP 6: Bake brownies for 28-32 minutes or until the tops look shiny and cracked and a toothpick inserted into the center of the tray comes out with moist batter. Do not overbake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Thin Mints are a classic Girl Scout cookie flavor. They are a slightly crisp disk with mint flavoring coated in a chocolate topping.
The secrets to fudgy brownies are using hot melted butter, mixing the eggs into the batter for at least 2 minutes, only mixing the dry ingredients into the batter until they just disappear, and slightly underbaking the brownies.
If your brownies are dry, you either overmeasured your flour by packing the flour into your measuring cups, or you overbaked your brownies past when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist batter.
- Measure Flour Correctly- Use a kitchen scale to measure out 105g of flour exactly or use a spoon to transfer flour from your container to your measuring cups before using a knife to sweep across the top of the cup to level it.
- Do NOT Overmix Dry Ingredients- After you have added your flour and other dry ingredients to the batter, only mix until you see the flour pieces disappear into the batter to avoid creating dry brownies.
- Underbaking- For best results, slightly underbake your brownies. Brownies continue to bake as they cool, so if you bake until a toothpick comes out clean, the brownies will be hard, dry, and cakey after they finish cooling.
Storing and Serving
If you are looking for brownies which have structure and hold their shapes, do not slice or serve the brownies until they have cooled. This could take up to a couple of hours, but the brownies will be gooey
You can store these at room temperature in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Easy Thin Mint Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: Brownies, Thin Mint, Fudge, Chocolate
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
These Easy Thin Mint Brownies are homemade fudge brownies stuffed with Girl Scout cookies. They are deeply rich, bursting with chocolate, and filled with cookies.
- ¾ cup (165g) unsalted butter, melted and hot
- ⅔ cup (160g) light brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup (140g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (150g), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (105g) all purpose flour, properly measured
- ⅓ cup (27g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 22 Thin Mint Cookies (16 for inside, 6 crushed)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and then spray the paper and inside of the pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, use a wire whisk to mix hot melted butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until combined. Whisk for about 1 minute to ensure the ingredients properly incorporate.
- Add the room temperature eggs to the bowl before using a whisk to aggressively mix the batter together. Mix for at least 2 minutes to beat air into the batter, create the fudgy brownie texture, and ensure a shiny and cracked top.
- Stir vanilla extract into the brownie batter.
- Pour properly measured all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt into the bowl. Use a wire whisk to mix only until the dry ingredients disappear into the batter. Overmixing past when you see the flour pieces fully disperse could lead to dry brownies.
- Add half of the brownie batter to your prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Add 16 Thin Mint cookies on top of the layer of brownie batter, placing 4 in each row and column.
- Top the cookies with the remaining brownie batter.
- Crush the remaining 6 Thin Mint Cookies on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake the brownies for 30-36 minutes or until the top looks shiny and slightly cracked and a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out with batter on it.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and storing at room temperature in an airtight container or tightly covered for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- Flour: measure flour properly using a kitchen scale to measure 105g exactly or use a spoon to transfer your flour to your measuring cups before leveling off the peak of the flour using a knife
- Mixing: do not overmix when adding your dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients, as doing so could result in drier, denser brownies
- Storing: do not store the brownies until they have fully cooled
Keywords: Girl Scout Cookie Brownies, Girl Scout Cookie Dessert, Thin Mints, Thin Mint Brownies
Leave a Comment!