These White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are thick, chewy, and soft pumpkin cookies with sweet white chocolate throughout. They are a one-bowl recipe made without a mixer, are made in just 30 minutes, and can be made ahead for any gathering!
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (80g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (95g) pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup (233g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (135g) white chocolate chips or baking bar chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper to ensure the cookies come off of the pan cleanly after baking and cooling.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted unsalted butter, packed light brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add properly measured all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the bowl. Use a spoon or spatula to combine the ingredients together only until you see them disappear into the batter. Overmixing could lead to denser cookies.
- Fold white chocolate chips or chunks into the dough until dispersed throughout.
- Divide the batter into 2 tablespoon (50-55g)-sized dough balls and place them at least 2 inches apart on your prepared baking sheet. Press additional chocolate chips, chunks, or chopped baking bar pieces into the tops of the dough balls before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are domed, edges are slightly firm, and tops are soft. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire cooling rack or a plate to finish cooling and firming up.
- After the cookies have cooled and any chocolate on top has fully set, store the cookies in an airtight container, tightly covered, or individually wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Pumpkin Puree: Make sure to use pure pumpkin or pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredient should be pumpkin.
Measuring Flour: Use a kitchen scale to measure out 233g exactly or use a spoon to transfer flour from its container to your measuring cups before using a knife to sweep across the top to level it.
Mixing: Do not mix past when you see the dry ingredients disappear into the dough. Mixing past when the dough comes together could lead to drier cookies.
Baking: Bake the cookies until the tops are domed, edges are firm, and centers of the cookies are just slightly soft. The cookies will continue baking and will firm up as they cool.
Keywords: Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Cookies, Chewy Cookies, Fall Cookies